Miller & Wallace Disciplinary Hearing in mid-August

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Im not his biggest fan but he never kissed the celtc badge thats an urban myth.

He went back to Musselburgh Grammar School, the school he attended, for a visit and requested a photo that was hanging on the school wall with him in a scum strip to be removed and replaced by one of him wearing a Rangers strip:)

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

According to more than one source - including Kris Boyd on the radio a few months ago - Miller is on a very low wage at Rangers as he’s already made his money in England and America so isn’t motivated by it.

I don’t know why I bothered posting that as it won’t stop the snide digs like the ones above.  I think some make up wee scenarios in their head and then twist the facts to suit.

giphy.gif

He totally is motivated by money.  He is a mercenary player and everybody knows this.

He might be on a low wage compared to others in our squad but he will still be on a high wage compared to other squads.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Im not his biggest fan but he never kissed the celtc badge thats an urban myth.

I think you're right.

I've seen the claim repeated in here a few times now.

Why is that?  Do some people just post stuff without thinking about the facts?

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

giphy.gif

He totally is motivated by money.  He is a mercenary player and everybody knows this.

He might be on a low wage compared to others in our squad but he will still be on a high wage compared to other squads.

Not according to people who actually know him and know what he’s on.  I guess you know better though.

I've read the thread through and people make some good and valid points. 

FWIW here's my take:

1) This is an unedifying end to their Rangers careers, especially Wallace's.

2) Miller's time with them is consistently held against him. It colours people's view of him; possibly rightly so, depending on your viewpoint. This can impair one's judgement of his actions and digesting the rumours floating about.

3) Their reputations as leakers to the press and troublemakers within the dressing room are ramped up because the actions therein are seen to have contributed to the downfall of two managers. Whether this is deserved or not is unclear but who's to say that they haven't acted in the manner in which they did because they were disgusted by being in the midst of incompetence and working in an environment of promoted emotional security where players are mollycoddled and failure is overly tolerated. Don't forget, others within the current dressing room have had loose lips in the past.

4) Murty must've escalated disciplinary procedures because he himself didn't have the authority, vested or otherwise, to deal with the situation. You could argue that that situation is entirely the club's fault for allowing the potential for such a thing to arise in light of the extended interim manager fiasco.

5) The club has left itself wide open to accusations of ineptitude because it is damned if it publicly responds and damned if it doesn't. All avoidable if a permanent manager had been in place if you ask me. If Caixinha had survived the season, Wallace, Miller and Kranjčar wouldn't have; that is for sure. Can three experienced players be wrong about the suitability of a manager? Can two of those three be wrong about a youth coach drowning in the position of interim manager, especially in a high pressure environment? As it turns out, it looks as though the three players mentioned won't survive in any case despite Pedro's sacking.

I have heard two versions of events and without claiming to be ITK by any stretch, one would appear to back the severity of the sanction whilst the other doesn't, up to a point.

Regardless, the players nor the club come out of this very well and whilst discord within the workplace is common, there is an overwhelming feeling that none of this needed to happen.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

Not according to people who actually know him and know what he’s on.  I guess you know better though.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think you're right.

I've seen the claim repeated in here a few times now.

Why is that?  Do some people just post stuff without thinking about the facts?

giphy.gif

Because I remember him doing it and being pissed at the time and everyone moaning.Maybe the memory is playing tricks. Funny so many people have the same  memory though. Think it's more cause people can't find it on Google images it means it never happened?? when WS was asked about it he never denied it happened just that he didn't care, don't think miller has ever publicly refuted the claims either just that he didn't do it in the OF but will be happy to be proved wrong.

The myth is he did it against us when he broke his duct.

He used to run bang his chest and kiss his hand. Have a memory of him running behind the goal kissing the badge as he scored a last minute goal wasn't an old firm I don't think but was important at the time.

In the old firm game he did the chest banging thing. He says he has always done it and it's something to do with his kid. No idea if that's true. Don't remember it at Ibrox but doesnt mean he didn't.

As for low wage he's on a £6k basic which grows to £12k when playing. Far lower than his old wage but not exactly small change.

As for being fined I take it the fine is the refusal to back date the wages while suspended, wouldn't think it's a extra fine on top of wage suspension.