Real Madrid Appoints....

.....current Spain National XI Manager Julen Lopetegui as Head Coach, to take charge after the World Cup.

I have it from an unimpeachable source that, thank God, Brenda Brent is receiving counselling. 

Snubbed for two top, top, jobs already, and it is only June 12.  Baffling.

Julen Lopetegui to join Real Madrid as head coach after World Cup

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/12/julen-lopetegui-appointed-real-madrid-manager

• Spain coach signs three-year contract at the Bernabéu 
• Lopetegui’s side face Portugal in World Cup on Friday

Guardian sport

Tue 12 Jun 2018 16.06 BSTLast modified on Tue 12 Jun 2018 16.51 BST

Madrid have announced that the Spain head coach Julen Lopetegui will take over as manager at the Bernabéu after 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Lopetegui has signed a three-year deal with Madrid after two years with the national side, who he has guided to the World Cup in impressive fashion.

The timing of the announcement is unexpected, given that Spain kick off their tournament on Friday when they face Portugal in Sochi.

Lopetegui, 51, played for Real between 1988 and 1991 as a goalkeeper, making one league appearance, and later turned out for rivals Barcelona a handful of times. He also coached the B team, Castilla, in 2008-09 before joining the national setup as Spain Under-19 coach.

He has experienced a modest club career having been sacked by Porto in January 2016 after a trophy-less 18 months at the Estadio do Dragao. That was 11 years after his only previous club job, a brief 11-game spell in charge of Rayo Vallecano in 2003.

In May, he signed a two-year extension to remain as Spain coach until 2020 but the call of Madrid has proved stronger.

Lopetegui’s appointment comes as a considerable surprise, not just because of the timing as Spain kick off their World Cup against Portugal on Friday, but because his name hadn’t been mentioned at all in Spanish media following Zinedine Zidane’s shock resignation on May 31.

Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino, former Madrid midfielder and youth coach Guti, Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann and Germany national team boss Joachim Low were considered to be on club president Florentino Perez’s shortlist.

Zidane, meanwhile, claims he is taking a break from football after stepping down at the Bernabeu.

Speaking at the opening of a children’s playground in Paris on behalf of adidas, he told Diario AS: “Right now, I am taking a break.

“I do not know what I will do after, because at the moment the most important thing was the decision that I took. The future? We will see.”

That team is so loaded they could hire Helen Keller and still win..."Yes!...Yes Helen!...Football!"...remember that flick?

Actually, they should prop old Helen up on the sideline and have a go at it. I bet they wouldn't finish lower than 3rd in the table...probably make the QF of Champion's League as well. 

serveimage.jpg.7e8a6f8492f18bd833623050e4972cfb.jpg

The Spanish Federation are well miffed that this should be announced several days before the national team begin their biggest month for 4 years. Apparently some of the high heid yins were considering asking him to leave immediately and have Fernando Hierro come in as an interim manager for the Russian World Cup. However, tempers and nerves have been calmed and it looks like Lopetegui will continue for the tournament.

12 hours ago, Bill said:

They probably couldn't afford the compensation required to lever Brenda out of the piggery.

I await dissemination of this story:

"Brendan had, early on, made it known in the right circles that he was not interested in the Arsenal or Real Madrid jobs"....

"

Edited by Uilleam

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

I await dissemination of this story:

"Brendan had, early on, made it known in the right circles that he was not interested in the Arsenal or Real Madrid jobs"....

"

The pattern tends to be that a decent job becomes available and Brenda rules himself out without ever being seriously considered.

It's the club wanting to project it's name into stories about bigger clubs (eg. Arsenal) as it continues to try and hang around as a sort of CL groupie wanting to get into the new building (eg. future euro league), frequently get f**ked senseless but be paid for it.

For Brenda, he's happy to go along with it because of his ego and keeping his profile in the news and 'associated' with bigger clubs.

Media go along with it because it's easy work, commercial and keeps Peter happy.

Something along similar lines happens with players being linked for XXM. ie. A mainly organised disemination of info to link Celtic players with bigger clubs than is realistic for more money than is realistic.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

The Spanish Federation are well miffed that this should be announced several days before the national team begin their biggest month for 4 years. Apparently some of the high heid yins were considering asking him to leave immediately and have Fernando Hierro come in as an interim manager for the Russian World Cup. However, tempers and nerves have been calmed and it looks like Lopetegui will continue for the tournament.

Well, well......the anger and level of miffed has carried the day and Lopetegui can catch a flight back to Madrid.

12 hours ago, Malangsob said:

That team is so loaded they could hire Helen Keller and still win..."Yes!...Yes Helen!...Football!"...remember that flick?

Actually, they should prop old Helen up on the sideline and have a go at it. I bet they wouldn't finish lower than 3rd in the table...probably make the QF of Champion's League as well. 

serveimage.jpg.7e8a6f8492f18bd833623050e4972cfb.jpg

So loaded that they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey last season ??  Aye, ok.  You are clearly buying into the "Real Madrid, super team" nonsense.