SPL fixtures 2018/19; Aberdeen v Rangers first game

6 hours ago, RTB2004 said:

Was hoping that our first league game of the season would be a home tie. Thought it would be good to see Gerrard's first domestic tie at home. First game last season was away so I was hoping that would mean we'd be at home for the first game this year.

We will be at home for the first game next season.:rfc:

7 minutes ago, pete said:

We will be at home for the first game next season.:rfc:

The Yahoos won the league, thus are guaranteed a home league opener to unveil the flag. Further, that will be a Saturday game, either 12.30 or 15.00hrs kick-off.

If we are to open at Ibrox, it will be a Sunday, the Polis will not have both halves of the old firm at home on the same day. A juicy live TV match, must be Hibs, TLB will be back at the Doctors looking for an increase in his medication.

In saying all that, I expect us to be away to Hearts or Aberdeen.

8 minutes ago, compo said:

Do you think they really use a computer or is big Peter hunched over a desk making it up like a school timetable 

The programming that the computer is fed already has so many details that must be adhered to, that it is a fallecy to infer it is a random selection.

For as far back as I can remember (mid-eighties), the Champions have their first game at home to unfurl the league flag won in the previous campaign. When this is one of the OF, this also means that the other half starts with an away game.

This will almost certainly be the case again this season as I can see no reason for this to change.

We will be away for the first league game of 18/19, absolutely guaranteed.

The only way this would be otherwise is if the bheasts have specifically asked to be away on the first weekend due to them wanting to fit in a friendly somewhere else.