SPL fixtures 2018/19; Aberdeen v Rangers first game

8 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:
19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:
The one thing that I was interested most in was us being away to the Scum, Aberdeen and Hibs first. For that means - unless they mess this up due to someone complaining - that we'll play them all at home in the last batch of fixtures.

Its to make sure we have a 3rd trip to easter road or pittodrie

Yup, again!

The calculation made will be that the following teams will make the Top Six

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hibs

Hearts

One other

If St.Mirren, Dundee, St.Johnstone or Kilmarnock were to be 'one other' then I think it can work.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:
2 hours ago, der Berliner said:
The one thing that I was interested most in was us being away to the Scum, Aberdeen and Hibs first. For that means - unless they mess this up due to someone complaining - that we'll play them all at home in the last batch of fixtures.

Its to make sure we have a 3rd trip to easter road or pittodrie

That should rebound as a counter complain. We played and should play these teams twice at home and away, no ifs and buts.

The seedings are worked out on the previous years standings. Therefore if the top 6 is the same as last year, (tims, us, dolly, hibs, hearts, killie) then we will play everyone in the top 6 at home and away evenly.

The only problems arise when a team from outside the top 6 the year before make the top 6 and the pattern cant be followed.

Gerrard has stated that if he were still playing he would be excited by this 'tough start' so clearly he has no complaints about it. And wont accept any from the players either.

I'm encouraged by that, he's going to be telling them that this is a great way to start the season, a hammering of the sheep away and if it pans out like that he's right.