9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Any job where you have to speak to joe public results in loads of seemingly daft questions.  That's life.  

I'm more of a paper pusher than anything else in the communications business rather than working with the public though I do need an in depth knowledge of the technical side of things. But that knowledge doesn't extend to the functions of every phone and every one of the millions of apps out there.

I'm approached by some people simply because I happen to be out there rather than in the office for periods of the  day and all the actual sales reps are busy with customers.  And despite the fact i'm not even a sales rep which I immediately inform them of they become pissy when I say I don't know anything about your phone or your app.

I never used your phone before and I never heard of this non descript app you have.  You know more about your phone and your app than I do.

It's a bit like walking into the doctors surgery then becoming obnoxious because the receptionist says she can't diagnose and prescribe your issue.

How about this one as another example.  I'm walking out of the place one day and a guy stops me. Before I can even get into my standard script about not being a rep he basically sticks a phone in my face to the extent I had to back off because I thought it was going to hit me in the face. They do that to the reps all the time. Stick a phone in their face and say nothing as if a phone in the face says everything.

I felt like punching the stupid bastard but kept my cool and says you got a problem? He says aggressively my wi-fi, it's not working. I just glanced at the phone he was still holding in my face and could see that it was connected to our buildings wi-fi  so says to him yes it is working.

He looks at it, sees it's connected and starts cursing about "effin typical, the minute I come here it starts working but when I was out driving on the rod it wasn't" At that I briefly said wi-fi doesn't work away from a wi-fi source and told him to go inside to have a rep explain it because I was finished work and going home which also got him ranting further about getting no help.

As I previously said, the stupidity isn't just mind boggling the attitude and way of speaking they adopt would never be dreamed of if he encountered me in a pub or something like that and still knew I worked in that business. Simply because I'm not a patient person with people like him and would be literally ripping his face clean off his stupid skull inside a minute or so.

But because someone is working in a place of business even if they don't work in the area these cretins want to talk about they think they're safe to become abusive from the get go.

In some of these situations i'm striving to quickly get it out there that you need to think again fucker because i'm not the face of this company and you're dealing with darkest Lanarkshire guy here not amiable hick from Okie. 

17 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Samsung S4 phone.  I use Google Chrome.  

It just seems slower than usual and has done for the last 4 or 5 days (slow at the moment).

It's time for a new phone as well.  :whistle:

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The answer should be a gigantic unmissable poster.

GOOGLE THAT SHIT!

Because that's all I would do with your unheard of third party app for something like a flashlight you already had on the phone as standard you moron.

www.lmgtfy.com

Best site ever...

On 19/06/2018 at 19:52, JFK-1 said:

I have been working in the phone services industry for the past 18 months or so and that's just part of the reason I despise them. We provide people with phone services, texting and calling, and that's it.

Yes we will sell them a phone too if they don't already have one or want a new one but that's simply a convenience for them to easily get a phone service. We make next to no money on phone sales. A $20 transaction fee on a $1,000 iPhone.

They don't seem to grasp that we're not responsible for every pile of shit they install on that device. If your calling and texting work our job is at an end. It's not our problem if you have a Facebook issue or an issue with any of the millions of other apps out there and we get constant grief with that stuff.

If you go out and buy a PC then take it home and your Facebook isn't working or you don't know how to use Nero burning software does that mean you then haul the PC back to PC world and tell them this PC isn't working? Of course not but these simpletons think that's a valid reason to come complaining about a phone and that we should be fixing it.

They also do things like forget their Apple password and become angry when we can't do anything about that. "But I got the phone here."

Really? I got my washing machine at Currys. Do you think I can take it back there to get the salesman to fix any issue I have with it? Does the salesman at the car dealership know how to fix any problem I have with that car?

They put a password on the phone itself then forget it and can't get into the phone at all. So they come to us thinking we should fix that.

What am I? Super password cracker? The FBI couldn't get into a terrorists passworded iPhone and you think I can and should because you bought it from us you dimwit?

The disconnect is daily, mind boggling, and frustrating.

Nero burning software! I can't remember the last time I burnt a CD rom. I think it must be at least 5 years ago.

I must admit the German download laws have stopped me downloading music and films but anything I do download goes on to a memory stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start another thread.

I have always got to copy & paste twice before I can post recently! it never pastes first time! either text or twitter! anyone else have this problem?