Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Round 3

5 hours ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

I'm not trying to wind anyone up, but do you still think that after tonight!?

Why not ?  They hardly played their first choice XI.  Neither did Belgium.  So the only thing we really saw was that Belgium’s back ups were better than England’s back ups.

Apologies, I was a tad busy yesterday, so couldn't write up the scores.

Good day for me... :D 

JAP-POL:

onevision, compo, Craig, CD and coop gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Rousseau gained 3 points for the Correct Score.

No jokers.

SEN-COL:

Rousseau, onevision, Bill, whosthedado, lenny, Craig, Franc, Gonzo, Yorkie, Gaffer, buster, r_s, coop, Malang, BEARGER and TB gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

No Correct Score, no jokers.

ENG-BEL:

Rousseau, onevision, Yorkie, CD, johnnyk, Malangsob, BEARGER and FS gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

No Correct Scores, no jokers.

PAN-TUN:

Terrific scores for this one...

compo, lenny, Craig, Franc, Yorkie, Gaffer, dB, r_s, johnnyk, UKCRazyhorse, coop and BEARGER gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Rousseau, onevision, Bill, Whosthedado, buster, Malangsob and TB gained 3 points for the Correct Score.

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm sure I should be on 4 correct scores.  I had 2 and got Brazil and Columbia's scores correct?

Yes, you're right. Apologies. Corrected.

Too many scores to write up!

Looking at the scores per round, we picked up around 170 points between us in Round 3, whereas the first two rounds saw us pick up over 300 points per round between us. This last round has been terrible.

It doesn't help when everyone changes their teams!

onevision was our top scorer for the 3rd round with 14 points. In the first two rounds 14 points was mid-table. 

12 hours ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

I'm not trying to wind anyone up, but do you still think that after tonight!?

You picking on the guy in lady place.......?. Yes I do still think so although there media seem to reckon Columbia is an easier tie? I reckon it will be close. It’s anyone’s WC and that’s the point, anyone can win it?

Just now, cooponthewing said:

You picking on the guy in lady place.......?. Yes I do still think so although there media seem to reckon Columbia is an easier tie? I reckon it will be close. It’s anyone’s WC and that’s the point, anyone can win it?

Columbia have had an up and down WC.

1st game: They recovered well from conceding an early penalty/red card and goal to Japan but run out of gas in the second half and lost.

2nd game: They looked good but Poland were so bad, it was difficult not to.

3rd game: They were second best to Senegal for much of the game but stuck in and ground out qualification

I think they'll struggle against England.