Get Behind The Rangers With A Founders Trail Scarf !

With the new season now upon us get behind Stevie Gerrard and the boys with one of our popular scarves and in turn support the Founders Trail.

They are only £13.00 (+ £3.00 P&P) and can be purchased directly here on our website.

https://www.thefounderstrail.co.uk/shop

Scarf 2018.JPG

Scarf 2018 2.JPG

Edited by The Moonlighter

9 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Just what you need in this weather?

Excellent quality, well worth the money.

I am going to be honest because there may be more people think like me. I just don't think it looks like a Rangers scarf. It looks more like a Kilmarnock scarf to me. For me a Rangers scarf should have red, white and blue in it.

Was that the scarf Zappa designed?

20 minutes ago, pete said:

For me a Rangers scarf should have red, white and blue in it.

To be fair it is being marketed by the founders trail and early Rangers strips from the founding period had no red in them. This strip for example was used from 1879 to 1883 and looks very similar to the scarf.

rangers_1879-1883-i.gif

This is the earliest one to feature any red in it and was used from 1904 to 1907.

rangers_1904-1907-ac.gif

This link shows all strips from the very first to the most recent. All Rangers strips

On 27/06/2018 at 18:40, pete said:

I am going to be honest because there may be more people think like me. I just don't think it looks like a Rangers scarf. It looks more like a Kilmarnock scarf to me. For me a Rangers scarf should have red, white and blue in it.

Was that the scarf Zappa designed?

Our original colours were blue and white, it was this that determined the make up of the scarf.

If that is the case then should it not be a lighter blue and have a star instead of RFC ? As Gonzo says it would be great to wear but I would want people to recognise it as a Rangers scarf or make it totally true to the founders . Apart from the RFC badge I can't relate it to anything Rangers. As I said if you don't see the badge then it looks more like a Kilmarnock scarf to me. You could make it lighter blue and even incorporate RFC within the star.

You guy's do fantastic work and I hate to criticise but as they say. If you like it tell others, if you don't tell the people that matter.

I am only one person giving you my thoughts.You have obviously sold thousands to happy customers.

Can I also ask in this Photo Peter Campbell has a Lion on his shirt. Why was that? Was that a sign for the captain?

image.png.8e65279c8b0650270f37dacfcd1c5183.png

I'm not sure where your photograph came from but a few of the player captions are wrong, attached is the original team picture.

Tom Vallance is wearing the Scottish lion on his jersey because he was capped by Scotland in 1877.

Going back to the scarf:

Why would it be a lighter blue when our colours have always been royal blue?

We haven't incorporated the star because we have no evidence of Rangers ever wearing that top.

There have been claims over the years that the lads were members of Clydesdale Rowing Club. We have records of Tom Vallance being on the Clydesdale Committee in 1884 but nothing about him actually competing.

Now Clyde Amateur have a pointed star as their Club badge which is identical to the badge worn on the jerseys which we wore for the iconic team photograph that was taken for the 1877 Scottish Cup Final.

Our research has discovered that Rangers actually wore blue jerseys in all three of the games, there was the initial Cup Final and then two replays. This has deepened the mystery as why we’re wearing the white shirt in the photograph.

What’s also interesting is the fact that the players are set out in the in the on-field positions that they played which was a common thing for Rangers teams to do.

Rangers player William Dunlop actually hints heavily in an article which we have on our website  that the lads had their own rowing club which was very common at the time and that it was this that they turned to in an effort to keep fit if injured.

We are continuing to work on this as part of the project and hopefully will have an answer soon.

1877.jpg

Have our colours always been Royal Blue?  I was under the impression we were the 'light blues' for a few decades?

Very interesting post though - I had no idea the top with the star was such a mystery.