Top Three Rangers Goals

20 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

How did you get a ticket (if you don't mind me asking)?

Oops.

Misread question me needs to edit answer.

I was however in the company of a bunch of Leeds fans who were repairing tge turf at ibrox that week.

Maybe not a goal that means a great deal in our history, but the best goal I've seen us score in the flesh is tav in the petrofac final v peterhead. The technique, power and placement were sublime

Slight digression .....

Since joining Gersnet I've often made use of the results database, which provides a real trip down memory lane but doesn't show goalscorers. Does anyone know of another source of historical data that does include the names of who scored? Thanks.

Does it matter the importance or just the feeling and elation at the actual goal .

mine woul be in no particular order ,

Coopers free kick v the sheep at hampdump ,

Rod Wallace against Parma at Ibrox , best team goal I've ever seen 

Gascoignes 2nd for 8 in a row 

27 minutes ago, rbr said:

Does it matter the importance or just the feeling and elation at the actual goal .

Sometimes goals that don't mean much in the grand scheme of things stick in the memory.  Huistra's swansong at Brockville is one such example for me.  

That day always sticks in my mind, cos we had the navy and orange adidas strip and Huistra was a player I liked.  

Edited by Gonzo79

On 30/06/2018 at 20:48, onevision said:

Toughy but of the top of my head...

Mccoist at elland road.

colin stein barcelona

Pedro Mendes at the piggery.

That Pedro Mendes goal - I think every house within about a mile heard my shrill, girlish scream of delight when it went in. I'm sure I fell off the couch as well.

1 Alex  Scott against Wolves at Ibrox

2 Alex Scott against Wolves at Wolverhampton 

In those days we could hold our own with the Europeans

3 Kai Johansen cup final goal .

It wasn't the best goal I've seen scored but the Alex McDonald header in the 1978 cup final has always stuck with me. We completed another treble and were seemingly unstoppable. Little did we think that day at Hampden it would be so many years before we sniffed it again.

Another Alex McDonald goal that stays with me was his winner against Torino in our Barcelona year. It was such a tense game and the relief when he netted was explosive. As was the brick that came through the window of our supporters bus that night from marauding Celtic fans after their game with Inter. I was bloody terrified, the rest of the bus was donning warpaint..