Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

Folk who dont want to buy a kit with SD should have a means through Club 1872 to give them just as an example £15 per top they would otherwise have bought. Club 1872 should find a way to ringfence and to assist funding aspects of the club. 

You don’t get a top but you save £35 (on a £50 top so more cash for the kids Xmas) and you are supporting the club more than if you bought a top based on the typical share clubs get, and best of all Ashley gets nothing. I’m saying that of course with no knowledge of 1872 or any volume commitments we have to Hummel or SD (why we should have any such commitments is beyond me incidentally as they are the ones who should have more incentive to market). 

No no doubt someone can advise on why that is not a feasible initiative!

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

The reason case stopped was due to the fact it was no longer necessary for SD to see the details. Agreement was made out of court. Since we were in court because we refused to give them the details they wanted to see.....

they were appraised of the material terms and were able to match those conditions, they were probably entitled to see the incidental details too, hence the  settlement.

rangers paid sd 3 mill for this retail millstone, honestly, it makes  me worried about the competency of our legal advisors and as a shareholders gives me little confidence in our governance.             

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Only two things remotely interest me about this matter. Whether Rangers will increase its merchandising income and by how much. 

It would be good to see some numbers / projections on this. To compare it to old deal i.e. how soon is the £3.5m made back?

1 minute ago, Rick Roberts said:

It would be good to see some numbers / projections on this. To compare it to old deal i.e. how soon is the £3.5m made back?

For accurate numbers to go on, we'll probably have to wait until they appear in our accounts, which is a long way off.

3 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

a long time, unless some hummel shirts hit the shops.

The way i read it is, we are now contracted to SD to sell our Merchandise for the next few years, then the club goes through the process of tendering out the merchandise contract to set the then market value for a new contract. At which stage we have to offer SD to match it or better any contract we have negotiated with another sports retailer.

Well in that case it's still a win win for the club, as we get to negotiate the best contract at that time and SD need to match it, only down side i see is we are dealing with the devil in Ashley.  Obviously i don't know but i would hope this SD matching future negotiated contracts with other sports companies, is not for in perpetuity, if that was the case someone should be taken outside and summary executed.  

1 minute ago, aweebluesoandso said:

The way i read it is, we are now contracted to SD to sell our Merchandise for the next few years, then the club goes through the process of tendering out the merchandise contract to set the then market value for a new contract. At which stage we have to offer SD to match it or better any contract we have negotiated with another sports retailer.

Well in that case it's still a win win for the club, as we get to negotiate the best contract at that time and SD need to match it, only down side i see is we are dealing with the devil in Ashley.  Obviously i don't know but i would hope this SD matching future negotiated contracts with other sports companies, is not for in perpetuity, if that was the case someone should be taken outside and summary executed.  

Who's going to negotiate a deal with you in the knowledge that you cannot leave Sports Direct unless Sport Direct decides? 

4 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Who's going to negotiate a deal with you in the knowledge that you cannot leave Sports Direct unless Sport Direct decides? 

Ashley has many enemies in the retail and sports sector, someone will be willing to screw him over.