Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Regardless of what they think or want, no-one from the club will directly call for a boycott for what I thought would be fairly obvious legal reasons.

the club have various mouthpieces to leak info and let their positions known to the public, we are all aware of that and who they are.

if you thought i was suggesting that this club would come out and publicly call for an embargo on its own merchandise, perhaps i should be making myself clearer.

2 minutes ago, gaspard said:

the club have various mouthpieces to leak info and let their positions known to the public, we are all aware of that and who they are.

if you thought i was suggesting that this club would come out and publicly call for an embargo on its own merchandise, perhaps i should be making myself clearer.

Fair enough but I think that at least in part, we saw this yesterday. 

I'd like to think Rangers will make a proper statement sooner rather than later.

Sure, SD may not be willing for TRFC to divulge the finer details of any new contract but if they want our business then they should want to offer clarity on any positive changes that must have to be made in any new 'matched' deal.

Just now, Frankie said:

I'd like to think Rangers will make a proper statement sooner rather than later.

Sure, SD may not be willing for TRFC to divulge the finer details of any new contract but if they want our business then they should want to offer clarity on any positive changes that must have to be made in any new 'matched' deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the settlement includes SDI approval required for such communication wrt issues concerning or connected with a prospective new deal.

Sounds OTT but thats Ashely's M.O.

The clubs biggest asset in all of this is the fans.  IF SD want to actually make money out any possible deal - the fans are the key....and RFC is the only party that can enable fan sales.

All Rangers need to do is point out that if SD push through some kind of exclusive deal, that doesn't benefit the club, then no-one will buy the strips.  If SD hold the club to a stupid long contract, no-one will buy the strips.  Unless, the club publicly backs SD selling merch, no-one will buy anything.  SD have already seen this in action & it clearly works.

IF they work with the Club and want INCLUDED in a deal, then a few words from the club encouraging fans to purchase from ALL available outlets inc. SD would see revenue notable rise.  The result being a win for both parties.

4 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Terms have been increased, we got rid of puma and have removed the 7 year notice period. 

It's cost of over 3 1/2 million to get increased terms how long will that take to recoup? Got rid of Puma you jest surely? We've replaced a finite termination date with an infinite one, to paraphrase The Eagles " welcome to the Hotel Sports Direct you can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

Yesterday SD also lost out on some of their wants also.

Do you seriously think SD went to court expecting to get everything they wanted? They're playing a game one at which they're very experienced and adept at. Rangers capitulated I expect Ashley was delighted by yesterday's result.

Each case for me brings us closer to disclosing the dealings of SD in the original deal. The judge has already spoke of his concerns towards SD and their behaviour. It's a death of a thousand cuts.

Disclosing the original deal would benefit our current position in what way? The Judge may have his concerns but there is nothing he can do about it as long as what SD are doing is legal. A thousand cuts you say we haven't even drawn blood yet.

Obviously when they spend double what we do on lawyers then it's hard to compete but we are getting there. Slowly but surely.

From Ashley's point of view slowly works perfectly well given to him it has nothing to do with money now.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the settlement includes SDI approval required for such communication wrt issues concerning or connected with a prospective new deal.

Sounds OTT but thats Ashely's M.O.

I agree, however if the board acquiesce to another blanket confidentiality clause, then they must be stupid or worse. Obviously some financial sensitive information will remain confidential, but the board must dig their heels in and allow for some transparency. What's the worse that can happen, Ashley cant agree to that, then a new deal won't happen, hardly the worst result for us.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

6 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I agree, however if the board acquiesce to another blanket confidentiality clause, then they must be stupid or worse. Obviously some financial sensitive information will remain confidential, but the board must dig their heels in and allow for some transparency. What's the worse that can happen, Ashley cant agree to that, then a new deal won't happen, hardly the worst result for us.

It was only speculation on my part.

It's difficult to say with any certainty that the board should currently do this or not do that without knowing where things actually stand.