Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

10 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Would assume part of our plan would be to wear them down, keeping them in court. How many sports firms do you think or sports teams will join with them going forward when they see court case after court case from their current "partners"? 

Sports direct are no mugs, they clearly don't play by the rules. Anyone thinking a fight against them will be easy, quick and cheap is just plain wrong.

Watching through the press and from a distance it is impossible to understand the full goings on and to understand certain aspects without knowing the full picture.

You don't wear them down in court by having to pay their legal fees or by following or not following legal advice, to dispute an apparently unwinnable case.

It's currently other potential '3rd parties' that will think twice or more about making offers to the club, rather than SD suffering reputation damage.

SD went through major reputation damage  recently and Mr.MASH has retained control regardless.

Edited by buster.

Honestly, I don't see much need to castigate fellow fans here. Maybe some internet warriors thought that SD was gone, most in the stadium and those with their eyes open would a) have remembered what was actually written in June 2017 as well as b) seen the SD ads all around the pitch.

The article on FF was actually pinned by Mark Dingwall at the main site, rather than some forum stuff.

https://www.followfollow.com/what-todays-court-decision-between-rangers-and-sports-direct-means/

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The article on FF was actually pinned by Mark Dingwall at the main site, rather than some forum stuff.

https://www.followfollow.com/what-todays-court-decision-between-rangers-and-sports-direct-means/

he has called to continue the boycott, tbh i wasn't aware there was one now.

genuine question, what possible good could come of this?

the club needs retail revenue, sd would not be our choice to provide these services but what alternative is there at this time?

summer sales have been lost for the greater part and we fall farther and farther behind our rivals in this regard.

does anyone think another embargo will make Ashley rip up the current deal?

our own board sanctioned the deal and paid a princely sum for the privilege.

we must bite the bullet and support our team in every way possible.

sd are an anathema to us, of course they are, but our current situation should have been predictable to our governance and attempts to deflect from this could be harmful to our revenue.

unless board sanctioned the ff statement is premature and potentially dangerous.

if board sanctioned, then i really do despair.

1 minute ago, gaspard said:

... apparently Mark Dingwall was there and wrote more of the story than what is in the media. It is his opinion on matters, nothing from the club. I would assume that club needs to check every sentence they write before publishing anything on the official side.

As for the "positive" stuff ... read the article.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

... apparently Mark Dingwall was there and wrote more of the story than what is in the media. It is his opinion on matters, nothing from the club. I would assume that club needs to check every sentence they write before publishing anything on the official side.

As for the "positive" stuff ... read the article.

i have read the article and concede that his perspective differs from the smsm

he is entitled to think and say anything he likes

but my question remains, do you think his calls for a boycott are prudent or premature?

20 minutes ago, gaspard said:

but my question remains, do you think his calls for a boycott are prudent or premature?

The fact that there is as yet no deal perhaps means that we are looking for 'bargaining chips'. 

I doubt that a team of expensive SDI lawyers, that we are paying for, will be that worried.

49 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I agree with him and it’s the only way we will ever be rid of Fatman Ashley. We can find a way to give £15 direct to the club rather than see the overweight cockroach financially benefit from us.

It can’t be that difficult to organise.

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

I agree with him and it’s the only way we will ever be rid of Fatman Ashley. We can find a way to give £15 direct to the club rather than see the overweight cockroach financially benefit from us.

It can’t be that difficult to organise.

just giving the club £15 quid for nothing is probably more difficult than you would think.

gifting an assumed profit margine from a replica top sale is in my opinion unrealistic and would provide a tiny fraction of retail revenue potential.

do you recall the rfff effort? the sums raised would just about cover our current legal bill to our and Ashleys solicitors. that puts it in perspective for me.

remember its not just the hummel tops we are speaking about here it's all branded merchandise, everything from birthday cakes to jeweller.

maybe a boycott will aid our case, i simply don't know, all I'm suggesting is that  untill somebody within the club let's that be known then i will treat all reactionary calls from anywhere out with, as perhaps well meaning but ultimately ill informed and suspicious.

8 minutes ago, gaspard said:

just giving the club £15 quid for nothing is probably more difficult than you would think.

gifting an assumed profit margine from a replica top sale is in my opinion unrealistic and would provide a tiny fraction of retail revenue potential.

do you recall the rfff effort? the sums raised would just about cover our current legal bill to our and Ashleys solicitors. that puts it in perspective for me.

remember its not just the hummel tops we are speaking about here it's all branded merchandise, everything from birthday cakes to jeweller.

maybe a boycott will aid our case, i simply don't know, all I'm suggesting is that  untill somebody within the club let's that be known then i will treat all reactionary calls from anywhere out with, as perhaps well meaning but ultimately ill informed and suspicious.

Regardless of what they think or want, no-one from the club will directly call for a boycott for what I thought would be fairly obvious legal reasons.

The boycott against SD/MrMASH was part of what led to 'progress' in the dispute with them. The problem being that the momentum of slow progress has been checked and reversed via what looks effectively like a O.G..

We now seem to be in a situation where I'm not so sure a boycott could be part of an effective counter.

It all smacks a bit of amateur hour, from the top down.