Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

I don't think that there is an existing contract (save the tail end of that previously negotiated with SD by the corner boys and dancing masters). 

There is an offer from JD, and a right on the part of SD to match that offer. How this will play out is unclear, at present, but there will be a new contract, on terms and conditions different from those in the previous, winding down, contract. 

Yeah I'd agree with that mostly as the contract is in the process of being drawn up. There is a possibility that some aspects of the previous contract may carry over.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

He's stating facts as he sees it. I see it slightly differently. Context is extremely important from my perspective. He appears to be existential in the extreme with his this is all wrong palaver. The question still arises though... How does one extricate oneself from a contractual obligation? The answer is negotiation. Some negotiations will be beneficial to us and some wont.

Don't sign up to it in the first place, Spring2017.

The prospect of further boycotts and more spouting from that captain of industry at Son’s of Struth is depressing beyond measure. While we’re at it, who wants to volunteer for the “whaurs ra deeds?” role this time round?

Edited by Bill

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Don't sign up to it in the first place, Spring2017.

I'd be inclined to agree with that and as Uilliam says in his previous post #204. However with that previous 7 year clause in the previous contract I believe the board chose to accept the new contract and its obvious revenue stream even though there were aspects of it that were not as favourable to us as we the fans would have liked. Otherwise we'd have been left with the 7 year clause and we'd still not be able to recoup any revenue with a boycott lasting a decade. So here we are again with a new contract to negotiate with even better terms for the Club.

What do Commander?

Edited by Big Jaws

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

Is that all you've got? I said that the existing contract is virtually unrecognisable from the one that the current board inherited and THAT is down to the current board whether you can accept that or not is irrelevant.

Yes alas all I have are facts sorry if that's inconvenient for you.

The inherited SD contract is irrelevant what is relevant is the current contract and it's influence on a new contract. Now I don't for one second doubt the current contract was negotiated (by Rangers) with the very best of intentions however the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Just now, forlanssister said:

Yes alas all I have are facts sorry if that's inconvenient for you.

The inherited SD contract is irrelevant what is relevant is the current contract and it's influence on a new contract. Now I don't for one second doubt the current contract was negotiated (by Rangers) with the very best of intentions however the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The Gospel according to Forlanssister!

Just now, Bill said:

The prospect of further boycotts and more spouting from that captain of industry at Son’s of Struth is depressing beyond measure. Whilewe’re At it, who wants to volunteer for the “whaurs ra deeds?” role this time round?

You should apply for any Amateur Propaganda Construct vacancies for those who can spend hours patrolling messageboards !!!

:shock:

....:seal:

8 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Yeah I'd agree with that mostly as the contract is in the process of being drawn up. There is a possibility that some aspects of the previous contract may carry over.

Well, anything onerous will, I hope, mean that SD's offer does not 'match' that of  JD. 

Just now, buster. said:

You should apply for any Amateur Propaganda Construct vacancies for those who can spend hours patrolling messageboards !!!

:shock:

....:seal:

You should apply for a personality. There’s bound t be one available soon ?

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

Well, anything onerous will, I hope, mean that SD's offer does not 'match' that of  JD. 

I would suspect that SDI will find it difficult not to insert such clauses given the nature of their business practises.