Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Semi-finals

I enjoy seeing British clubs doing well.  That list though has shrunk somewhat over the years.  I've never wanted Celtic to do well, but I now add Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hibs to that ever growing list.  Obviously the media can be annoying when England are doing well, but other than that it can only be a good thing for us.  It's just a shame that I feel complete apathy for the Scottish national team.  I can occasionally get excited but it doesn't take long for that feeling to subside.  I hope England do win it, not only because it'll ensure I have a strong finish to the prediction league.  However I think Croatia will be a bridge too far.

Just noted that I didn't cast a prediction for the semis, but it wouldn' have mattered that much anyway.

Mightily annoyed by the French, who wrecked a rather good game from the instant they scored. Gamesmanship, play-acting from the best of the best ... what a way to cheat the Belgians out of game time and position. And the least is said about that ref the better. Can't exactly see either the English or the Croatians matching up to the French in the final ...

France looked pretty solid against an excellent Belgian front line.  Mbappe will no doubt become the best player in the world.  What a treat to watch two players like Hazard and Mbappe on the same pitch.  Class!

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

De Bruyne was the best footballer on the pitch but he didn't have a great game tonight.  Kante is excellent too.

Some of the French play acting was cringeworthy.

Yes and Mbappe did blot his book by joining in.

Rousseau, Bill, Whosthedado, Craig, Franc, Gonzo, Yorkie, CD, Barebear, UKCrazyhorse and TB gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Onevision gained 3 points for the Correct Score.

We have a new leader with 3 games (3rd place play-off) to go!

Latest Standings:

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Rousseau, Bill, Whosthedado, Craig, Franc, Gonzo, Yorkie, CD, Barebear, UKCrazyhorse and TB gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Onevision gained 3 points for the Correct Score.

We have a new leader with 3 games (3rd place play-off) to go!

Latest Standings:

Natural order restored :D

27 minutes ago, craig said:

Natural order restored :D

When I've ever done things like this in the past for world cups or euro championships, it ends up being my mother or one of the kids winning.   In other words, it's normally the ones that know little about football that end up at the top.  I suppose it proves it's better to be lucky than knowledgeable.  ?

Bitter?!?  Sore loser?!?  Who Me?  No.  ?