Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Semi-finals

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

When I've ever done things like this in the past for world cups or euro championships, it ends up being my mother or one of the kids winning.   In other words, it's normally the ones that know little about football that end up at the top.  I suppose it proves it's better to be lucky than knowledgeable.  ?

Bitter?!?  Sore loser?!?  Who Me?  No.  ?

:roflmao:

I also stand to win about 200 quid from my World Cup brackets.  I also stand to win 150 quid from the office pool too.

Yep, more than happy to be lucky instead of knowledgeable :D

On 09/07/2018 at 18:34, Gaffer said:

I enjoy seeing British clubs doing well.  That list though has shrunk somewhat over the years.  I've never wanted Celtic to do well, but I now add Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hibs to that ever growing list.  Obviously the media can be annoying when England are doing well, but other than that it can only be a good thing for us.  It's just a shame that I feel complete apathy for the Scottish national team.  I can occasionally get excited but it doesn't take long for that feeling to subside.  I hope England do win it, not only because it'll ensure I have a strong finish to the prediction league.  However I think Croatia will be a bridge too far.

You've predicted England to win 3-0 ?

No-one above you has gone for an England win btw, so a correct score tonight will put you right in the mix,...no pressure then. ?

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I had 2-1 Croatia, so I'll be keeping an eye on the update, as that Rousseau chap diddled me once.  

The score was 1-1 Gonzo not 2-1 in 90 mins. Just take it easy there.........It’s tight down here at the bottom? It’s a proper dogfight?

5 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

The score was 1-1 Gonzo not 2-1 in 90 mins. Just take it easy there.........It’s tight down here at the bottom? It’s a proper dogfight?

was it not mentioned way back that extra time will count, no?

You can tell we're at the business end of the prediction league.  I'm trash talking Craig, Gonzo is accusing the governing body (Rousseau) of corruption, Coop is quoting the rule book, and Franc is trying to keep the peace.  I love it ???

Its much more fun when there's so much (pride) at stake.  Good luck to those at the top.  My hopes for England were my undoing in the end, as well as my lack of luck/knowledge (delete as appropriate). ?