Pretty boring and poor so far. 4-3-3 doesn't work with these players in any of the forward fluid phases. Disjointed with Morelos isolated. Windass is missing in action and we are one dimensional. Only one out ball Out wide right but just to put cross after cross in to Morelos who clearly can't header a ball. 

When we enter defensive phase the formation is working and seeing us staying narrow and closing the space down well.

Need to start retaining possession and staying in the neutral formation more and be happy in the middle

Candiese McCrorie in the middle needs changed.

Can't keep possession (especially in first 20 mins) and allowed a poor team too much of the play.

Improved a little as half wore on and prevented more attacks from the Macedonians.

All in all, not sharp enough.

If we don't improve markedly we won't be getting beyond the second round.

Yeah apart from some poor set-piece defending from us for a short period around the 20min mark, we've looked more than comfortable.

Only a distinct lack of quality in attack has stopped us from scoring with Morelos being very poor in the box (though playing OK outside of it).  We really need to carry more of an attacking threat as the game should be beyond doubt.

Generally we're doing OK but the same problems from last year are evident - namely some poor decision-making on the ball and not taking chances when they come, sometimes due to a lack of support from a midfield that is (perhaps understandably) sitting rather deep at times.  We're definitely playing in a lower gear though and you get the feeling we could up the pace if we had to.

4 minutes ago, compo said:

If we don't come through this tie we should pack it in this lot are crap , but we do look rather smart in our white away kit with the sash .

They might be, but I think we've made it very difficult for them.  I'm really pleased at the way we've controlled this game.  I can't remember us controlling any game for a long time, and yet we've done it three games in a row now.  It will be interesting to see if it translates as well when we play better sides.

Edited by Gaffer

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Superb performance1st half by Ryan Jack. 

Can someone remind me why Morelos is immune from criticism? Because he’s nowhere near good enough. 

Morelos is just not at the level where we want to be. We should have snapped up any offer we had for him.

In other news I've just heard that Harry Wilson has gone to Frank Lampard instead of Steve G.

Morelos, as you said too Frankie, is excellent outside of the box, but his decision making at the moment is terrible. Gerrard must work out how to use him, because he is looking like a desperate school boy.  He needs to get his mojo back but he's far from it at the moment.