Labour and the Jews - The Reprehensible Truth

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

That is the bottomline motive.

This is just another attempt in the long running show of desperately trying to discredit Corbyn and a Labour Party that threatens to correct the many inbalances that have accrued during 4 decades of neoliberalism.

Corbyn, sadly, but inevitably, discredits himself. 

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Corbyn, sadly, but inevitably, discredits himself. 

There isn't a major politican who hasn't of late, it's like a race to the bottom.

As for Corbn, if he had been discrediting himself that much, opposed interests wouldn't have needed to wage countless and ever more desperate campaigns against him.

21 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Wrong again. the discussion on this thread is about "Antisemitism in the Labour party". 

And wrong again, I do not now, did not then, and never have called criticism of Israel "Jew Baiting". 

And third time......unlucky, not even close, wrong again; I am neither right wing, nor Zionist, and I am not given to smear tactics. (In fact I could easily suggest that your categorisation is designed mainly  to avoid the issue, and is, in fact, a smear, itself.)

Three strikes, and, em, well,  you're out.

Perhaps you should stick to peever. 

this is what you said

Not accepted by you and your Jew baiting friends in the Labour party."

5 minutes ago, colinstein said:

wrong again....that is not the discussion. It's about a definition of anti semitism that is being used to smear the Labour party 

I'm sorry, but a large number of people in the Labour Party, some in influential postions, are making a perfect fist of smearing themselves.

(Perhaps appropriate given the support some have evinced for nationalist bomb throwers.)

8 minutes ago, colinstein said:

this is what you said

Not accepted by you and your Jew baiting friends in the Labour party."

Well, if, like Livingstone, to name but one example, you bait a Jewish journalist for being Jewish, that makes you in my book, and in the book of any reasonable person, a Jew baiter. 

(I think, to be fair,  that Livingstone had had a few, but as the Romans were wont to say, "In vino veritas".)

Edited by Uilleam

11 hours ago, buster. said:

As for Corbn, if he had been discrediting himself that much, opposed interests wouldn't have needed to wage countless and ever more desperate campaigns against him.

Roughly translated:

There is nothing that Corbyn could say or do that would discredit him in the eyes of buster.

giphy.gif

Jeremy Corbyn distances himself from .....eh.... Jeremy Corbyn :laugh2:

Jeremy Corbyn apologises over 2010 Holocaust event

Jeremy CorbynImage copyrightREUTERS

Labour's Jeremy Corbyn has apologised for appearing on platforms with people whose views he "completely rejects".

Mr Corbyn's statement was in response to the Times reporting that he hosted an event in 2010 at which a Holocaust survivor compared Israel to Nazism.

Hajo Meyer's House of Commons talk was entitled 'The Misuse of the Holocaust for Political Purposes'.

Labour MP Louise Ellman told BBC Newsnight she was "absolutely appalled" to hear about Mr Corbyn's involvement.

The Labour leader's apology comes after one of his supporters in the party's National Executive Committee suggested that Jewish "Trump fanatics" were behind accusations of anti-Semitism in Labour ranks.

Peter Willsman has apologised and said not all his remarks were accurately reported.

At the event, which happened on Holocaust Memorial Day 2010, Jewish Auschwitz survivor and anti-Zionist Hajo Meyer, who died in 2014 aged 90, compared Israeli policy to the Nazi regime.

The Times said that Palestinian activist Haidar Eid also addressed the meeting, saying: "The world was absolutely wrong to think that Nazism was defeated in 1945.

"Nazism has won because it has finally managed to Nazify the consciousness of its own victims."

Mr Corbyn said views were expressed which he did not "accept or condone".

He added: "In the past, in pursuit of justice for the Palestinian people and peace in Israel/Palestine, I have on occasion appeared on platforms with people whose views I completely reject.

"I apologise for the concerns and anxiety that this has caused."

Presentational grey line

Analysis: Labour stuck in cul-de-sac of blame

By BBC political correspondent Ben Wright

Prominent Jewish voices inside and outside Labour are furious that the leadership seems to claim a clearer idea about what constitutes anti-Semitism than they do.

Neither the actions nor words of Jeremy Corbyn have managed to calm this argument down.

And while the government struggles to keep its plan for Brexit on the road, Labour appears to be stuck in a cul-de-sac of blame and recrimination on how it's tackling anti-Semitism.

Read more from Ben Wright

Presentational grey line
Skip Twitter post by @BBCNewsnight

Djdy0zqV4AANPlp?format=jpg&name=small

Louise Ellman MP says she is “exceedingly disturbed” to hear the Times report that Jeremy Corbyn hosted an event in 2010 which likened Israel to the Nazis.@LouiseEllman | #newsnight

End of Twitter post by @BBCNewsnight

Presentational white space

In July, Labour faced criticism over its new code of conduct on anti-Semitism, which critics claimed did not sign up fully to the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's working definition.

Labour says it has included the full International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition but has rewritten four of the examples included to expand and contextualise them "to produce legally robust guidelines that a political party can apply to disciplinary cases".

Following the row the party's MPs will vote in September on whether to adopt the full IHRA wording after passing an emergency motion last week.

Louise Ellman said she was "exceedingly disturbed" by the situation, adding that by diluting the definition of anti-Semitism - a charge which the Labour leadership rejects - Labour had "made it possible to compare Israel with the Nazis".

She added: "Jeremy is our leader, we want to be the next government, we need to change the way that this country is run to address the injustices in our society.

"But we can't do that while we are engulfed in this crisis of the Labour Party's inability to deal with anti-Semitism in its own ranks."

Labour MP John Mann, a long-standing critic of Mr Corbyn, told BBC Radio 4 Today that hosting an event called "Auschwitz to Gaza" on Holocaust Memorial Day breached anti-Semitism rules and "breaches any form of normal decency".

"I've no idea how he got himself into that situation, but I'm glad that he has apologised and on the back of that apology is the opportunity to do something significant," he said.

Ann Black, a member of Labour's National Executive Committee and a supporter of Mr Corbyn, urged him to follow the advice of shadow cabinet colleagues and adopt the working definition on anti-Semitism.

She told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that if necessary the party could add assurances that members were free to defend Palestinians or criticise the Israeli government.

"I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is in any way racist or anti-Semitic. I do believe he has the authority and the ability to break the current impasse," she said.

Corbyn was at a rally 8 years ago when another speaker likened Israel to nazi Germany..........help ma boab

becoming laughable now 

another attempted slur

it won't work

the right wing are shitting themselves

Edited by colinstein
sp

The people going on and on about antisemitism should probably take a deep breath and realise that the vast majority of voters couldn't give a flying fuck about Israel.  

They should focus instead on Labour's economic record, Diane Abbott's constant howlers and Corbyn's affiliations with Irish Republicans.  

Both sides are as pathetic as each other.