[FT] Osijek 0 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 18)

• Frankie changed the title to Osijek v Rangers

In the absence of a preview, we can use this thread as the match discussion.  :)

I'll sort out a match preview schedule tomorrow - let me know if you want to contribute!

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

For a split second I thought we were going 3-2-4-1 :D

Should be a good test for the defensive set-up and an interesting 90 minutes to get a look at the new players.

Wouldn't expect a great deal in the way of cohesion with so many new players in but I'm hoping for individuals to show a little quality. Whether this effects us retaining possession, we'll see but if we can't keep a hold of the ball for times we'll get swamped.

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

In the absence of a preview, we can use this thread as the match discussion.  :)

I'll sort out a match preview schedule tomorrow - let me know if you want to contribute!

Sorry Frankie I have been sleeping on the Job with the preview with all the Podcast activity. We could of course just do a quick 20 min Podcast for the preview.:seal:

We would certainly not be short of people wanting to take part.

I will do one for the Wigan game on Sunday which can also blend with the game tonight.

Really looking forward to the game tonight. Absolutely gutted that I cannot be there due to the Rangers (non) Travel Club & Thomas Cook (profit before service) shambolic inability to source a reasonably priced plane for day trippers to use. 

That team line-up that has been leaked is quite a gamble with two new players in key roles who havent even had a bounce game with their new teammates yet (why no bounce game last weekend? - mental!) and we must hope they can hit the ground running as we cannot carry passengers. 

It seems we have jettisoned the frustrating Windass and the inaccurate Candieas, two of last seasons players who had great stats but were too often found lacking when it mattered in big games or when we needed something special. Perhaps Windass may be a decent impact player to come on late in the game against a tiring defence. We'll see.

Faith has been retained (for now) for the totally out of sorts Morelos, and we know there is a good finisher in there, and we will still get s full shift of work from him, but his head seems to have gone in front of goal. Strikers need confidence and if one goes in off his arse it might be just what he needs to get going again. Here's hoping.

A good result would be any victory of course, or even 0-0, 1-1, or any single goal defeat where we score like 1-2 or 2-3. I hate losing 1-0 as it sounds ok but lose the first goal at home and you're usually out. Obviously any 2 goal deficit would be very difficult to overturn at a packed Ibrox next Thursday.

This is the first test of many for the new management, so we have got to hope he has got the players to play with belief, attitude, and we get a bit of luck.

C'mon the Gers!!

1 hour ago, buster. said:

For a split second I thought we were going 3-2-4-1 :D

Should be a good test for the defensive set-up and an interesting 90 minutes to get a look at the new players.

Wouldn't expect a great deal in the way of cohesion with so many new players in but I'm hoping for individuals to show a little quality. Whether this effects us retaining possession, we'll see but if we can't keep a hold of the ball for times we'll get swamped.

3 new players to the starting lineup, and 2 of them have been with the squad for a few weeks now.  Not really that much of a gamble.  The biggest question is with Ryan Kent - only been with the squad for a couple of days.