NOT HOOPY

Celtic v Rosenborg live stream hacked by cheeky Rangers fan with ‘All Hail the Queen’ banner as Hoops supporters rage

Hundreds of Hoops supporters were enjoying the crunch first leg match against the Norwegian giants on Periscope when the prankster hijacked the stream

By Alexander Lawrie
26th July 2018, 6:22 pm
Updated: 26th July 2018, 6:23 pm

CELTIC fans watching last night’s Champions League qualifier against Rosenborg were left raging – when a cheeky Rangers fan hacked the online stream.

Hundreds of Hoops supporters were enjoying the crunch first leg match against the Norwegian team on Periscope.

Foul-mouthed posts filled the Periscope chat as the ‘All Hail the Queen’ banner appeared

Foul-mouthed posts filled the Periscope chat as the ‘All Hail the Queen’ banner appeared

But just before the Parkhead club snatched their third goal, a Gers prankster hijacked the broadcast and placed a large Union Jack in the centre of the picture.

The joker then cut the Celtic TV commentary and played an orchestral version God Save The Queen before the screen went blank as Odsonne Edouard bagged his second of the match.

Bhoys supporter Jamie Fulton, from Edinburgh, was watching the drama unfold at Parkhead on his computer when the live stream was interrupted.

Jamie, 39, said: “I was really enjoying watching the match at home on Periscope as it is a free streaming site.

“Celtic were playing really well when some joker managed to hack the broadcast.

“A Union flag blocked the picture then to add insult they played God Save The Queen instead of the commentary.

“I was really angry as these Rangers fans are totally obsessed with our club and need to start worrying about their own lot.

“Still at least we had the last laugh with my team winning.”

But Rangers fan Stuart McKay, from Edinburgh, thought the hackers stunt was “hilarious” and told angry Celtic fans to get over it.

Stuart, 43, added: “I was watching the match with a couple of Celtic mates and they were having a laugh at how badly Rangers will do this season.

“But just before they scored the third goal it was me who was in hysterics as someone started hacking the stream.

“The guy who did that is a total genius – hats off.

“My mates couldn’t take it and turned it off as soon as the national anthem began.”

:roflmao:

10 minutes ago, colinstein said:

I would have watched it if it was free....why not ?

It was a stream, so it was free.  

If Celtc were playing in my back garden I'd gob out the window then draw the curtains.  I'd buy a flute for the occasion too.

• Frankie changed the title to Not Hoopy
1 hour ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Are folk actually complaining online that an illegal stream they were watching was (hilariously) hacked?

And the MSM report the perpetrators are in some way victims. Only in this warped backwater could it happen.