Sinn Fein want to meet the OO

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Corbyn supporter in pro-SF/PIRA shocker...

this has got nothing to do with Corbyn or the Labour party and everything to do with preserving the OO. I want my grandkids to enjoy the spectacle of people celebrating their own culture and the way things are going with the west of scotland bigots attacking them at every turn....it ain't gonna happen. If the OO met Sinn Fein it would show these people who are trying to get the walk banned up for what they are. In fact it would cut the ground from under them.

you need to look up Bluedell.....difficult I know for you wi' yer heid stuck firmly up yer ain arse !

An OO representative meeting SF would have absolutely no impact on the attempts to have OO marches banned in Scotland.  None whatsoever.  In fact, as Rangers have found out, ceding ground or apologising only encourages that lot.

"Give them an inch..." etc.

4 hours ago, colinstein said:

this has got nothing to do with Corbyn or the Labour party and everything to do with preserving the OO. I want my grandkids to enjoy the spectacle of people celebrating their own culture and the way things are going with the west of scotland bigots attacking them at every turn....it ain't gonna happen. If the OO met Sinn Fein it would show these people who are trying to get the walk banned up for what they are. In fact it would cut the ground from under them.

you need to look up Bluedell.....difficult I know for you wi' yer heid stuck firmly up yer ain arse !

Read these two articles then tell me again just whom it is you feel the OO will be reaching out to ...

More
DjfxzEeW4AAYX7a.jpg

More

Jamie Bryson Retweeted Sinn Féin

Pretty clear that the real leaders of Sinn Fein (IRA Army Council) sent Gerry Kelly (former so-called IRA Adjutant General) out to ‘correct’ @MaryLouMcDonald on her border poll comments. When the ‘leader’ has to u-turn, that tells you all you need to know.

Jamie Bryson added,

x1cKT9lrXGCFXPyL.jpg
1:13
Sinn FéinVerified account @sinnfeinireland
Speaking to the media today, @GerryKellyMLA said the chaos of the Tory Brexit will not delay a referendum on Irish Unity.

37 minutes ago, colinstein said:

it's a bleak future you're painting

Bleak for whom?

Certainly the OO is getting along very well with their neighbours and within communities.

People know and can sense the rights and the wrongs of a situation.

on a more positive note I copied this from somewhere else

Recently, the Irish Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, endorsed the O.O. Indeed, his Irish Tourist Minister, Brendan Griffen, resplendent in orange tie, was VIP Guest of Honour at the 12th July Celebrations in Belfast just a few weeks back.

that's the ticket

A month or so earlier Varadkar  had visited with OO leadership. For those who are sincere(?) the OO hand of friendship is held out ,  

2 hours ago, colinstein said:

on a more positive note I copied this from somewhere else

Recently, the Irish Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, endorsed the O.O. Indeed, his Irish Tourist Minister, Brendan Griffen, resplendent in orange tie, was VIP Guest of Honour at the 12th July Celebrations in Belfast just a few weeks back.

that's the ticket

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/taoiseach-leo-varadkar-makes-historic-visit-to-orange-order-headquarters-36989380.html

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar makes historic visit to Orange Order Headquarters

June 8 2018

•  
  •  
  •  

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has made history as the first serving leader of the Republic of Ireland to visit the Orange Order's Headquarters in Belfast.

There was applause from some onlookers as Mr Varadkar was welcomed by the Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland, Edward Stevenson.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar meets Orange grand master Edward Stevenson visits the Museum of Orange Heritage in Belfast on June 8th 2018 (Picture by Kevin Scott / Belfast Telegraph)
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar meets Orange grand master Edward Stevenson visits the Museum of Orange Heritage in Belfast on June 8th 2018 (Picture by Kevin Scott / Belfast Telegraph)

During a tour of the Museum of Orange Heritage, Mr Varadkar met with the leadership of the Order, including senior Orangemen from the Republic of Ireland.

He posed beside a sign commemorating the 1690 Battle of the Boyne and also paid respects at a memorial window dedicated to the 336 members of the organisation who were murdered during the course of the Troubles.

Mr Stevenson said: "We acknowledge this is a significant moment; as it is the first time a serving leader of the Republic of Ireland government has visited the headquarters of the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland.

"As a cross-border organisation, we welcome the Taoiseach's direct engagement with our members based in the border counties of the Republic and, in so doing, recognising the longstanding cultural identity of the Orange family in the south.

"It is also important to acknowledge the importance of the Taoiseach paying his respects to those members of our institution, many of whom served in the security forces, who were murdered by terrorists.

"Such a gesture should not be underestimated and will, I believe, be deeply appreciated by many relatives of the deceased, and the Orange membership as a whole."

Irish premier Varadkar said the UK Government's proposals on a backstop position to avoid a hard border in Ireland "fall short" of what the EU require.

He said the concept of a deadline or time-limit on the customs arrangement was not acceptable, insisting any fall-back position to enable free movement over the frontier should only expire at such time that a broader trading deal between the EU and UK is struck.

342.jpg

Leo Varadkar makes symbolic visit to Orange Order HQ
source: Aisling Ennis

00:00

01:25

480p
720p
480p
360p high
360p low

Share this video

"Just putting off a hard border for three years or four years or six years or 20 years isn't enough - it has to be permanent," Mr Varadkar said during his visit.

On Boris Johnson's unguarded comments in which he downplayed the significance of the Irish border issue, Mr Varadkar said the Foreign Secretary's assessment was not accurate.

He added: "When I want to know what the view of the British government is, I listen to the prime minister."

The Taoiseach kicked off a day of engagements in Belfast with a private meeting with Baroness Paisley, the widow of former DUP leader Ian Paisley, at a library dedicated to his memory in the east of the city.

Later on Friday he will launch the west Belfast Feile an Phobail at St Mary's University College.

UgbqsUA-B02dxCQp?format=jpg&name=small

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has gone off script & is enjoying an extended tour of the museum at Schomberg House. MrVaradkar taking his time.

•  

On 01/08/2018 at 16:22, colinstein said:

Stop the personal insults or I’m banning you.

im tired of your childish personal insults towards other members.

Final warning.