[FT] Rangers 1 (Katic 53) - 1 Osijek

Just now, Frankie said:

Possibly.

Kent and Ejaria are young guys but picked the wrong options too often.  They have to work on their first touch and final ball.

True about his decision making but I actually thought Ejaria was really impressive. Kent impressive in flashes but really frustrating. 

Phe-e-e-ew.

A more close run affair than it ought to have been, as we are not composed or clinical enough in front of goal. 

It was a good test, against a technically proficient side, individually and collectively; they can trap, pass, move, read the game, work hard, and are, partly as a result of those traits, well organised. In fact Easyjet are typical of any no, of "Continental" sides, whom we -and other Scottish sides- have struggled to contain over the years. 

McGregor has certainly returned with his "A" game intact, and may well have been MotM.

We are making headway.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

True about his decision making but I actually thought Ejaria was really impressive. Kent impressive in flashes but really frustrating. 

Ejaria has lots of talent but there are flaws which I hope he works hard to eradicate.

Like I said earlier, we have the quality so just need to apply the finishing touches.  Hopefully that will come over time as we're not far off.

I said at half time that we were comfortable, and that continued throughout the game.  In recent years, I'd have been watching that through gaps in my fingers but I just feel confident in the defence and midfield.

Morelos looks dangerous again, although Ejaria and Kent should be feeding him better balls.  Hopefully that will come.  Katic and Goldson look solid again, and of course the goalie behind them must also give them confidence.

But for me, Jack and Coulibaly just controlled that game.  I really really hope we've got an option to buy Coulibaly because he is pure class.  At times it seems like there's are three of him on the field.  He seems to be everywhere.  Jack was clear,y missed last season and he's going to be a big player for us this season.

I bet we are all now looking forward to the game on Sunday.  The pressure of extinguishing the past Europa league nightmares has lifted so I hope the team can press on from here.  The future is bright ...

That was tighter than I would have wanted at the end but we are through and that's all that matters.

Work in progress and we are lot further on than we were at the same stage last year.

I totally disagree that this was a sweat party. We controlled the whole second half up until a lucky deflected goal from Bandheidyvic. Yes the last 4 minutes were a bit bum biting but we seen that out easily too. This was far easier than I expected. Roll on Sunday

8 minutes ago, pete said:

We also played some fantastic one touch football in the middle of the park.

aye but some of it was in defence where a blooter up the park would have been better. We played ourselves nicely into trouble a few times

Edited by colinstein