[FT] Rangers 1 (Katic 53) - 1 Osijek

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

No mention of the two men being Rangers supporters 

I heard it was Croats that got stabbed.  And Yahoos were in cahoots with the Croats (all in the name of Papal fraternity).

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Ejaria is going to be an engima.

He's mobile, can moves the ball well and has quick feet.  However, he's also slow to press at times, often picks the wrong pass and his first touch is dodgy.

If he can iron out the faults then he could be some player but I do wonder how patient the manager will be with him.

Our attacking faults were summed in a few secs late on when we pressed well to win possession back and hit Osijek on the break: Ejaria overhit what was a trickier pass to Morelos when an easier through ball onto Arfield was arguably the correct pass.  Morelos then took the wrong option by shooting from an unlikely angle on his weaker foot.  That should have been our second goal and game over but instead we baulked at what was a fantastic chance.

He definitely selected the correct option with the ball to Morelos because Arfield was fairly well covered by the time he was ready for the pass however as you say the pass to Morelos was was over hit. In the SPFL his wee flicks and turns will be too much for most teams other than the current champions' midfield I would suspect. Its one thing to say a player (Kent) is brave when they keep trying over and over again to take a man on but Ejaria, on the ball, frustrated me all night trying to do things in the middle of the park that simply were not on against players who had read his schtick from the first whistle and all it succeeded in doing was losing us the ball. Off the ball he covered well so I think SG will stick with him for a while because as I say I think that what he has will work with most SPFL teams but will eventually get him booted off the park. The rest of the midfield controlled the game especially Ryan Jack. Coulibaly is like having and extra man with out the ball at times and at other times attacking with this ball like hitting for the fairway with a sand wedge. Candieas was exceptional last night when it came to tracking his man and the left back hardly kicked a ball till he was substituted with a couple of minutes to go. His replacement lived up to his cant play wont play meme when he came on. Before the substitution you can see SG telling him exactly what he wanted from him but regardless he still didn't do it and sat 10 yards off their main threat allowing him space and time to do what he wanted.  I can't see Windass being at Rangers much longer, and if he is he'll be a bit part player getting a few minutes here or there, he's been found wanting in most games and despite Compo suggesting Tav was poor for their goal last night Windass was the reason for their late equalizer. If you look at the goal again Tav is exactly where he is supposed to be at the far end of the line of 4 in defence. Windass is supposed to track the runner protecting the right hand side of the 18 yard box but instead he's tucked in nearer the pen spot marking fresh air which allowed his man to run onto the ball and meet it flush to which he turns his back on the shot. Nup get him tae f&*k!  

I'd be worried if we weren't creating chances but that's not the case so SBS can wind his neck in. We've created plenty of chances in all the games we've played this season. So as far as I'm concerned there's nothing to worry about in that department. I'm confident that we'll win most of our opening matches and by the time September rolls round we'll be starting to fire on all cylinders across the front three. 

7 and 11 are almost always wingers, who are mostly also midfielders these days. 2,3,4,5, defenders and a 9 is CF. That is my understanding of it but I am no tactical expert.

Street and wasteground football with no referee is where you learned about democracy in resolving vital issues like hit the post and over the bar.

Now wee boys decked out in full Barce livery throw tantrums on all weather pitches while some poor mug tries to referee the game in front of a baying throng of parents and siblings.