Fan-zones, politicians and community spirit

6 hours ago, Dave M609 said:

Great article, I voted for the SNP the last time and voted for independence.

Their leanings to a certain football team do come in to it for me, I get the feeling I'm down the pecking order because I'm a white protestant male and because of the team I support.

They are a bunch of separatists and I will never vote SNP again, or independence for that matter. They have caused so much division in this country and I wouldn't be unhappy if they were removed from power, the only thing is who do you replace them with, British politics is a shambles, Corbyn and Abbott in Labour and May and Johnson in the conservatives, it really is pretty depressing

Aye so you did. You voted for Independence now use the word “separatists”, you must try harder.

43 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I don't vote for any party (I have up to now felt they're all the same waste of space)

Sounds like we're in the same boat (abstain).

13 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Aye so you did. You voted for Independence now use the word “separatists”, you must try harder.

Aye cos you know better, where I put the X in the box, superb, that's the attitude. I voted SNP my whole life and I believed independence was the best thing for the country because we would still be in Europe, now with Brexit I don't believe that to be the case, however the SNP are so determined for another independence referendum it seems absolutely crazy and selfish, that's why I used separatists because it seems to be independence at all costs, people are allowed to change their minds and opinions, particularly on political parties and issues.

I will be honest I was never to fussed about the union, I was Scottish and then British, still feel that way, again however with the whole Brexit saga and the leanings of the SNP, I have never felt more British.

6 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Serious question, not trolling, but how can this Brexit fiasco make anyone feel more British?...

If political incompetence affected how people feel about where they belong, we'd all be citizens of nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Serious question, not trolling, but how can this Brexit fiasco make anyone feel more British?...

I just feel we are being punished by Brussels for the way people voted, I know we have to take the burden of the Eurpoean Union and whatever we owe and I'm ok with that, we have to take our fair share. If someone asked me are you European or British, obviously I am British, If we are coming out of the EU we need to protect that.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If political incompetence affected how people feel about where they belong, we'd all be citizens of nowhere.

If there was more awareness of what drives politics and where it's going, just perhaps, the majority of people would get angry enough to do something about it.

I just feel we are being punished by Brussels for the way people voted

We were warned, but a hell of a lot of people refused to listen, I never heard one single financial expert even attempt to paint Brexit as a good idea, but people have chosen to ignore experts, and believe power crazed fuckwits such as Gove and Johnson, and their bus ad drivel. Brussels is only doing what we knew they would, we need to look a hell of a lot closer to home if there's blame to be shovelled out.

12 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I just feel we are being punished by Brussels for the way people voted, I know we have to take the burden of the Eurpoean Union and whatever we owe and I'm ok with that, we have to take our fair share. If someone asked me are you European or British, obviously I am British, If we are coming out of the EU we need to protect that.

Let's not be naive. The EU were never going to make it easy and give any country a gold-plated withdrawal, thus encouraging a queue to form.

We are not being punished by Brussels, we are facing the natural and predictable consequences of a Leave vote.