Fan-zones, politicians and community spirit

1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:

I suspect Gaffer isn't talking about abstention. I suspect like me they chose to use their vote to NOT vote for any political party?

46 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Voting for twats isn't the answer either.

If you don't cast a vote then you can't sack an incumbent politician.

The only thing that politicians fear is being sacked.

Aye, those non-conservatives, identity politicking labour ignorers and illiberal anti-democrats do a great job on our behalf.

No political party represents anything Rangers.  The SNP, though, display an outright hostility towards us.  They and their voters need to be treated with nothing but contempt. 

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, those non-conservatives, identity politicking labour ignorers and illiberal anti-democrats do a great job on our behalf.

No political party represents anything Rangers.  The SNP, though, display an outright hostility towards us.  They and their voters need to be treated with nothing but contempt.

giphy.gif

Aside from any political persuasion I find it astonishing that someone can be a Glasgow councillor and profess an interest in football but not know  the history of the Loving Cup ceremony or what it means today. This man is supposed to represent the people of Glasgow, all the people. How is it possible to be ignorant of this? 

As a club we need to be smarter politically. I wonder if we've ever invited Nicola Sturgeon to the Loving Cup ceremony? We should, aside from being First Minister she's an MSP for Glasgow South, and Humza Yousaf MSP for Glasgow Pollok. They might say no of course, but that's on them. I could see a number of the crowd less than happy, but that's on us. Any First Minister should attend important matches at Ibrox, particularly if it's in their constituency and The Loving Cup ceremony should transcend politics, religion or belief. 

Our history is as important as everyone else's we should evangelise more.