The Weight of Expectation

On 13/08/2018 at 13:50, compo said:

Our managers stupid stumble against Chelsea  that day cost me £36,000 that day if he brings success to our club I will forgive him ?

You're very generous Compo ?

Really enjoyed this piece and it's now available on our main site:

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/935-the-weight-of-expectation

Remember if you'd like to join Doc in having your work published and read by thousands of bears, then give me a shout.  All contributions are welcome and can be edited if requested!

:)

Would be interesting to hear from Gerrard is how important the timing of the opportunity was for him. What's preceded has undoubted gave the Rangers project a bigger space to grow into. Would it have been an option for him had it been 2011 for example (all things being equal and without the impending doom)?

16 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Would be interesting to hear from Gerrard is how important the timing of the opportunity was for him. What's preceded has undoubted gave the Rangers project a bigger space to grow into. Would it have been an option for him had it been 2011 for example (all things being equal and without the impending doom)?

I don't think it would have been an option for him because IMO, we as a club wouldn't have even contemplated his appointment.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't think it would have been an option for him because IMO, we as a club wouldn't have even contemplated his appointment.

True, granted a lot of theoreticals. But even then we did lump for McCoist - despite signs of limitations as manager. 

1 minute ago, Rick Roberts said:

True, granted a lot of theoreticals. But even then we did lump for McCoist - despite signs of limitations as manager. 

The appointment of McCoist was a 'force-fit' that came from 'past promises' and 'present politics' of that time.

It was never likely to be a good one.