GN Pod 013 - When does a good start become a great one?

On the show this week, Ross finally makes a return to the presenting chair with David and Stevie as his guests. The lads discuss our wins over St Mirren and Maribor as well as pestering Stevie for transfer gossip!

All info here:

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/934-gersnet-podcast-013-when-does-a-good-start-become-a-great-one

Will listen later but to answer the question posed in the title.........When we get through to the EL group stages, progress in the League Cup, win at the Brendanbeu and SG&Co are happy with the squad at the end of the transfer window.

Edited by buster.

Good listen again. Missed my Sunday night chat in this week due to being on holiday. Back home for Thursday night’s game. I was intending to go to Maribor but I unfortuately had to call it off. Due to health issues the 10 - 12hour drive alone would have been to dangerous.

Role on Luxemburg!!!

10 minutes ago, pete said:

Role on Luxemburg!!!

If it is Luxembourg everyone can stay round my gaff, I'll get the sofa bed out for you Pete, but you'll have to share with Big Jaws

Edited by rfb1872

As always, a good listen and thanks to those involved.

David Fraser is IMO, the best 'Rangers podcast analyst' out there on the web !

Hope Gersnet have secured him on a long contract :D

ps. in 15 years no-one will remember Windass, far less him having a legacy  ... :whistle::D

Good listen again.

In response to the title, a result against Maribor would be great on Thursday, but the only thing that'll get Scottish pundits to stop writing us off and talking us down is a result at Parkhead. Hopefully we're capable of it.

With regards to Ross McCrorie, I think he's the ideal sub. Modest wages, but a great prospect and more than capable of stepping in when necessary and improving as a player. Contrast that to a couple of seasons back when we had aging players on huge wages on the bench with no prospect of improving as players (Kranjcar, Senderos).

On Lafferty I tend to agree he's only worth so much, and 750k seems inflated given his contract situation. He's not the kind of player I'd have preferred either, but I'd feel very sorry for him if we walked away because of a couple of hundred thousand pounds.

When talking about the striking options I also agree that Murphy has a big role to play. The criticism of Murphy is very confusing. We are far less creative and dangerous without him. I think he'll have a big season.

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

How are you enjoying Lux? I worked over there on Avenue John F Kennedy a few years back. 

Only been here four weeks but I'm loving it so far, lived in London for the last 20 years so it's a hell of a change but very impressed with the place so far. Managed to hook up with the Luxembourg True Blues who have been absolutely superb.