Gerrard's impressive Rangers start

Reflecting on decades of supporting the club, I often think we haven't made the most out of what we had.

We are a big club who most of the time didn't have a completely solid professional approach/set-up.

What is most encouraging about the new management and coaching staff is that you get the distinct impression that they bring real professionalism with them.

Professionalism will help make the base we are building more solid.

Single results may go against us but the big picture and medium term look good.

48 minutes ago, buster. said:

Reflecting on decades of supporting the club, I often think we haven't made the most out of what we had.

We are a big club who most of the time didn't have a completely solid professional approach/set-up.

It seems so obvious and looks so simple yet others made such an arse of it.

I like the fact Gerrard seems to be attracting players to the club - in a way Murty or McInnes never could. Hopefully, he has a long successful time and the club retains the draw it deserves, because we'd definitely lost that. 

I think it's worth noting the job that Mark Allen seems to be doing.

Joined up thinking works and it's usually better to leave the running of the football operation to the experts rather than directors who think they know football.

43 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

It seems so obvious and looks so simple yet others made such an arse of it.

I like the fact Gerrard seems to be attracting players to the club - in a way Murty or McInnes never could. Hopefully, he has a long successful time and the club retains the draw it deserves, because we'd definitely lost that. 

We have been a big fish in a small pool and that was enough for many.

You listen to Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson talk of how our fitness was way behind that of clubs like Hearts and you relate that to so many nights in Europe where the opposition were stronger, faster, fitter and had better players than Hearts.

The obvious 'problem' that would arise if SG&Co continue in the same vein, is keeping them. I'd hope that SG sees this job and main objective (winning the League) as one he wants to tick off before he were to go.

26 minutes ago, buster. said:

The obvious 'problem' that would arise if SG&Co continue in the same vein, is keeping them. I'd hope that SG sees this job and main objective (winning the League) as one he wants to tick off before he were to go.

That is a point. Given the merry-go-round of halfwits in some of the English jobs there's an argument SG and his team have shown enough already to merit interest. 

9 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

That is a point. Given the merry-go-round of halfwits in some of the English jobs there's an argument SG and his team have shown enough already to merit interest. 

Perhaps a note made to observe progress but I very much doubt there will be any firm interest as yet at a club that SG would see as progression.

The plus is that the one club we know he wants to manage one day (Liverpool) has an excellent manager and are operating at a level that won't consider SG for the main job until he compiles a body of work that suggests he's ready.

I think SG will want to win the League up here before he goes.

I'd settle for him leaving at the end of 19/20, if we were to win the League that season.

I feel Gerrard might see out his contract which by coincidence runs down at the same time Klopp's does at Liverpool. We all know Liverpool is what Stevie ultimately wants and I just don't see him accepting a managerial job at  any other EPL side that would pit him against his beloved Liverpool.

This is his testing ground where he can prove himself in Europe too which wouldn't be available in England at anything but a handful of sides.

Perhaps SG will be very successful, and, simultaneously, contract Rangersitis. 

He would then realise that, "Well, Liverpool is OK, but you can't beat the Real Thing".

Meanwhile, in the actual world, he is putting his reputation, &  to some extent, his future on the line with Rangers. Failure, it seems to me is not an option. Hence we can look forward to continuing professionalism andcommitment from thecoaching team, to an extent that the team/players will reflect these characteristics.

So far, he is not putting out boys to play like boys, nor men to play like boys, nor boys to play like men, but men to play like men.