[FT] Rangers 1 (Goldson 41) - 0 FC Ufa

Another clean sheet , yet to be behind in any game , not lost 2 goals in any matches yet , defence were excellent against a very stuffy and well drilled side , it's easy to see why they don't lose many goals but can't see them scoring 2 .

Ref was the worst yet , I keep saying this but just when you think you've seen it all , as for the penalty decision ..................... 

Was totally frustrated by referee as were all sitting around me,but enough has been said in the previous posts.

On the whole thought team played well when game was in progress,think there was more time wasted on the dirty fouls by Ufa due to no advantage being played at times.

Anaway a clean sheet and a lead to take over there.

STV news when giving tonight's scores stated "Celtic moved a step closer to qualifying after a 1-1 draw". Meanwhile stated " Rangers won 1-0".Did we not move a step closer?.

Well here's to Fir Park where we can expect another kicking match on our players and a Scottish ref,so could be deja-vu!!!

The atmosphere was rather nervy tonight, however we seemed to be in control of the game from the off - except for 2 or so minutes after we scored.

Ufa came to get a draw and were very difficult to break down. The fact that we managed to keep another clean sheet gives me confidence for next week.

@ian1964 changed days indeed.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

This is the correct use of gifs.

Answer properly and add an image to emphasise.  Well played R_S!

Can we also have a directive for Weegies on correct use of the past participle. Their reckless misuse of the English language has went far enough.

giphy.gif

I was surprised at our confidence pre-match to be honest. There is a few Russian sides that play this way, and although they don't score many, they're very difficult to break down. FC Rostov reached the CL a couple of years ago playing this way, frustrating Barcelona, I think.

Their mid-block, an almost pentagon shape, is very impressive, and very difficult to break down; they then have three CBs behind. 

I think we needed two up front, to try to occupy their back-three. And then try to free up space out wide, with Ejaria and Arfield's lateral runs out wide.