Smith scraps Linfield game pre-season...

Just noticed this in a piece in the Sunday Liam...

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=walter-plans-german-camp--%26method=full%26objectid=19053725%26siteid=64736-name_page.html

RANGERS will fly to Germany in July for a training camp but have scrapped their regular pre-season friendly against Linfield.

Walter Smith's squad will report back for training on June 27 and spend a couple of weeks working at Murray Park before flying to Germany on July 12 for a week. Gers will play three games - with the main test provided by Bundesliga side Hannover on July 17 after two clashes with amateur sides.

But there will be no trip across the Irish Sea this year after four games with Linfield in the last five years.

Rangers renewed their links with the Northern Irish club in 2002 when they sent a full-strength team to Belfast for the first time in 18 years.

However, there was controversy in that match when Georgian star Shota Arveladze was jeered by the crowd for blessing himself.

And the Ibrox club's drive against sectarianism could be behind this year's decision not to travel.

Gers will also play against Falkirk in Alex Totten's testimonial on July 21 before Ibrox friendlies with Ajax (July 24) and Chelsea (July 28).

No bad thing as far as i'm concerned ... time for our club to move on, and i don't give a fuck how unpopular that comment i've just made is!! :D

Totally agree Jim. Going back year after year just perpetuates all the crap we're trying to get away from.

No bad thing as far as i'm concerned ... time for our club to move on, and i don't give a fuck how unpopular that comment i've just made is!! :D

now now ... no need to try and get people to notice you and bite.....

Del

Nothing wrong with playing a game in NI for our cousins over the water...

Nothing at all other than the politically correct "enemy" would be there "gathering material" for front page headlines just to make sure that the issue is up there in the lights prior to the spl�´s new rules coming in.

It�´s a sad oppressive state we play in :mad: