Would we be delighted with a draw next Sunday?

I was reading some of the journalists giving their views on whether Rangers fans confidence in a result against Celtic, arguably our biggest test this season, was warranted. They felt that our supporters would be delighted to come away with a point. 

Not for me. Acceptable perhaps, but I won’t be delighted. One draw already at Aberdee, albeit robbed of the opportunity to kick the season off with a win, means we need to come away with 3 points in our next two games if we don’t want to fall further behind the leading pack. We may still be ahead of Celtic if we share the points (assuming we take care of business tomorrow), but that game is the big test for us, and with Celtic not looking their strongest at the moment I would be disappointed not to win there, especially as Hearts have shown they can be taken. A draw won’t be the end of the world, far from it, but I’m not going to celebrate a draw at this stage. 

We've had a great start but we need to close out this first phase of the season that'll end next Sunday.

The most important matter (for around 10M different reasons) is getting into the group stages. That would be a tangible and notable achievement.

Thereafter, it's unfortunate that the OF game comes on the back of a long trip to Russia and mainly because of that, I'd take a draw, if offered. 

I don’t think people are taking into account the fact the team get home late on the Friday with their body clock all over the place after going 4 hours forwards and then back again. 

We’ll see how it goes but don’t be surprised if we come away very happy with a draw on the day.  

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I don’t think people are taking into account the fact the team get home late on the Friday with their body clock all over the place after going 4 hours forwards and then back again. 

We’ll see how it goes but don’t be surprised if we come away very happy with a draw on the day.  

Plus we have a 1 point advantage over them.  We’d be happier with a point than they would. 

Edited by Unicorn