UEFA Europa League Draw: Villarreal, Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow

14 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

It seems a trickier group than that which faces fhilthfc. 

I don't 100% agree with that.  The germans will beat Celtic IMO and Salzburg are a tough nut.  They got wins against Marseille, Lazio, Dortmund, Real Sociedad last season in the Europa League and only just lost out in the semi final against Marseille.

I think it's time to put the EL in proper context. Financially and for the morale of the club it was important to qualify for the group stage. Now however I think the domestic league has to be our primary focus and the EL is for enjoyment only.

2 minutes ago, Craigy1881 said:

I don't 100% agree with that.  The germans will beat Celtic IMO and Salzburg are a tough nut.  They got wins against Marseille, Lazio, Dortmund, Real Sociedad last season in the Europa League and only just lost out in the semi final against Marseille.

I hope that you are right.........

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

It's a tough group but let's face it, they were all going to be tough.

I don't think any of those teams will fancy going to a "pot 4" team with 50,000 roaring them on. I'd say we are the one of a few pot 4 teams that nobody wanted to draw.

Sure I read somewhere that SG wanted a tough draw; think he will relish this.