How do you solve a problem like Morelos?

4 hours ago, pete said:

I believe he will grow up.

He needs a hard kick in the balls from Jorge Albertz no less as does any Rangers player who would so pointlessly jeopardise a £10 million jackpot for the club after all we have been through. Dave King must have been pulling his hair out watching this highly paid man child risk that for absolutely nothing.

I like the fact he is aggressive, he just needs to channel it correctly and cut out the petulant stuff, it could have cost us last night, but it didn't, I'm sure SG and the coaching team will let him know in no uncertain terms that it can't continue, he will probably get a boot in the chuckies / final warning etc.

We've been so long in the wilderness, we have a tendency to panic at the slightest problem.

How do you solve a problem like Morelos? That's a question for Celtic to answer, if they can.

Just now, Bill said:

We've been so long in the wilderness, we have a tendency to panic at the slightest problem.

How do you solve a problem like Morelos? That's a question for Celtic to answer, if they can.

The "problem" isn't slight.

What the league is about is putting together consistent runs of positive results and to do that we need players who are trustworthy and not prone to stupidity that leaves the team struggling to maintain consistency.

Aberdeen being an example.

Peope will say 'BUT the red card was rescinded'............the fact is that we went down to 10 for 80 minutes and had Morelos not reacted and kicked out (took the bait) then we'd have played with the full compliment.

Yesterday was reckless stupidity (second yellow) heaped about normal stupidity (first yellow).

We need players with a big game mentality and as it stands Morelos doesn't have it.

In terms of how to deal with it, I think you could easily have a no tolerance penalty system in place for offences which are an automatic yellow such as;

• Kicking the ball away
  • Taking off shirt
  • Kicking a player off the ball

That penalty would be known to everybody so there can be absolutely no complaints. I'm not sure how severe the penalty could be without being a player's union issue. You could possibly include stupid unnecessary professional fouls in there too like pulling a player back when he's not even in our half.

If that doesn't stop those kind of easily avoidable yellows what will?

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

In terms of how to deal with it, I think you could easily have a no tolerance penalty system in place for offences which are an automatic yellow such as;

• Kicking the ball away
  • Taking off shirt
  • Kicking a player off the ball

That penalty would be known to everybody so there can be absolutely no complaints. I'm not sure how severe the penalty could be without being a player's union issue. You could possibly include stupid unnecessary professional fouls in there too like pulling a player back when he's not even in our half.

If that doesn't stop those kind of easily avoidable yellows what will?

pre-Aberdeen: Players are warned about discipline and keeping 11 men on park

11 minutes in, bait is taken and red card.

Player will have been took aside and told to screw the nut.

Biggest game for years

Half an hour in: Reckless stupidity

------------------------

Conclusion

You can't trust him, no matter how much you tell him to 'calm down'.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

They will answer it all right: get Broon to wind him up till he inevitably reacts.