Miller and Wallace appeals upheld

Hearing today that the 2 may sue Rangers for 100K. I cannot understand why some of our own would financially harm the club. They surely cannot need the money, as I would have thought that any fines they received in the first place would not total that much. To see their names vindicated surely should be enough.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

He wasn't removed from the sqaud.

There are easily justifiable football reasons as to why Wallace didn't get into the 22 man squad (see the 4th post on this thread).

Have read the posts and understand them this is a personal opinion by me thanks.

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Have read the posts and understand them this is a personal opinion by me thanks.

Fine, but from a football perspective

We can only pick 4 Association Trained Players......

Would you put Wallace ahead of Arfield, Jack, Halliday and Dorrans ?

After Barisic and Flanagan, Halliday offers cover at both LB, DCM and potentially more. SG has used him and trusts him.

That leaves Dorrans, he gets ahead because he offers something we are short of and if he could be available for the second half of the group, it would IMO provide a better option than LW, with three options in already for Left Back.

25 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Understand your point  and yes I would put him ahead of Dorrans who has yet to convince me of his signing irrespective of injury.Again a personal opinion.

Fine, I would say Dorrans being available for 2 or 3 group games in a position we are short trumps that of Wallace, in a position we are well covered....but thems opinions and wrt Dorrans return from injury timescale that will only be known to a few, including who selected the squad (SG).

You said the club in your opinion, was being vindictive.

If that was the case, why did they allow SG to bring him onto the pitch against Motherwell when the player had already taken the case to appeal ?

I'll leave this one here as I think we'd just go round in circles. 

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Do we know the full story yet?

Either way. No one comes out of it looking great. 

You'll be able to get Kenny Millers version in the Daily Record further down the line.

Via his go to plumber, Keith Jackson.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Fine, but from a football perspective

We can only pick 4 Association Trained Players......

Would you put Wallace ahead of Arfield, Jack, Halliday and Dorrans ?

After Barisic and Flanagan, Halliday offers cover at both LB, DCM and potentially more. SG has used him and trusts him.

That leaves Dorrans, he gets ahead because he offers something we are short of and if he could be available for the second half of the group, it would IMO provide a better option than LW, with three options in already for Left Back.

Is it not that we must have at least 4 association trained players???

Just now, Darthter said:

Is it not that we must have at least 4 association trained players???

No

You must have 8 Locally Trained players (ATP and CTP)

That includes a maximum of 4 Association Trained players

Hence if you only have 1 Club Trained player, you lose 3 slots in the squad.....As per us with only McGregor.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

No

You must have 8 Locally Trained players (ATP and CTP)

That includes a maximum of 4 Association Trained players

Hence if you only have 1 Club Trained player, you lose 3 slots in the squad.....As per us with only McGregor.

What if your squad is all Locally trained???

Hence the squad must have at least 8 locally trained....if you don't have the required 8, then you lose player spots..  You won't get penalised if you register more than 8 home grown/locally trained players