GN Pod 017 - Your questions please...

5 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

That's a good point and there's plenty questions around it.

Caixinha, can that be excused? 

Murty, only mitigation is that Gerrard was being readied in the background and we needed Murty to hang on.

King is obviously main man. But does this weaken us in other ways. Does he surround himself with yes men? What did Paul Murray add? Likewise, are others kept around but better options available? Bigger hitters?

Does King being there prevent anything or people getting involved, investment? 

Overall happy with things now, generally, especially Gerrard and his team. But do feel we've wasted some time along the way and missed some opportunities. 

I think it fair to say that after many years of turmoil, things haven't yet 'settled down' at an executive level and there are many reasons for it and strands to it that include individuals and legal issues.

I'd also say that over decades, for a big club, we have too often shown a relatively poor level of professionalism at various levels.

This has IMO prevented us from reaching our potential.

Will we ever reach our potential as a football club  ?

14 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Do we know that? I know he got offered but maybe because King wouldnt commit fully to him (short contracts, no gaurantees beyond summer etc) because he knew this might happen? I'm just guessing btw. 

As David Stirling the founder of the SAS said "We can only deal with the facts we know. If you guess it becomes an opinion and once you have opinions the facts get buried in them. (Or words to that effect):)