Tranent v Haddington (aka Ian Black discussion)

Aye I know! maybe this should be in the general football thread! admin can move if they wish!.

I went along to watch Tranent Juniors, although now most all east juniors have joined the East Of Scotland League, playing against Haddington and Tranent captain was the one & only Ian Black! the only thing I seen him do was a terrible challenge on the Haddington player, who had to be subbed because of his injury, Black should have been shown a red but only received a yellow!!!.
It still annoys me that he actually played for Rangers!!, the local gossip was he was getting 9k per week at Ibrox and has pissed it all away!!, fucking arsehole

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He was okay at Hearts.

We should never have signed him.  I'd rather forget that era, other than some of the enjoyable trips.

Aye, you are right mate, I went along and actually forgot he was playing for Tranent! it just made me feel sick when I noticed he was playing!

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Black was MOTM for us on a lot of occasions. He did his job in the lower leagues but never a real Rangers player.

Aye, I can't remember how long he played for us, but at 9k per week and he has blown the lot just tells you what kind of person he is!!, his earning would set most people up for life.

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Aye, you are right mate, I went along and actually forgot he was playing for Tranent! it just made me feel sick when I noticed he was playing!

I remember seeing a bloke I know scoring a cracking goal at that level.  I'm sure it was in Tranent.  ?