GN Pod 017 - Discussing the BBC dispute & answering your questions

This really is worth everyone's time this week.

@Govan Rear Bear, @A McKillop and @JohnMc do a great job of dissecting the dispute with the BBC as well as answering some of the questions posted on the forum the other day.

As always @Big Jaws does a great job of the audio - even with John apparently utilising a tambourine during his contributions? :D

• Frankie changed the title to GN Pod 017 - Discussing the BBC dispute & answering your questions

Good pod guys. Enjoyable listen.

I think you set at it at a very respectful level in the face of some pretty antagonist and consistently poor quality coverage over recent years.

I think the conspiracy / mischief making distinction is semantics. I don't think its wrong to state that mclaughlin (and his team) are happy to polish celtic and throw mud at us as often as possible. 

Whilst as a problem I agree that its very localised to within one area within one dept. Over the years this "mischief making" has also at times permeated into different areas at different times. Kaye Adams and John Beattie have seen some of their shows clearly driven from a certain angle and with no intention of balance or even serious debate. 

Prehaps its as simple as tims will take an opportunity to attack when it arises and the BBC presents these opportunities at regular and higher profile levels.

28 minutes ago, compo said:

Haven't had time to listen yet between doctors and nurses  but was anyone invited to take part to represent the BBC to give it balance. 

I believe Frankie asked them for a comment but they weren't invited on.

Really worth listening to.