Docherty doing well

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

I suppose that Jack would be the one to lose out if/when he comes back.

No, Docherty plays further forward, so it'll be Arfield/Coulibaly/Ejaria who he'll be competing with (if they are still here).

14 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Mmm.. I don't see Jack as an out and out defensive mid either but take your point.

There is a certain fluidity to the positions of our midfield-three, but ostensibly Jack is our DM, with Coulibaly and Arfield playing a little further forward. 

I see Docherty as a back-up for Arfield. IMHO a similar style of player, if a bit raw. Likewise, I can see a return for Holt too, in a more advanced role than we utilized him these last two seasons ... out of necessity. Also with an eye on Scottish based/raised players.

IMHO, SG came in and wanted his people and folk to get immediate success. Those he and his did not deem good enough were either sold or had their contracts terminated, while most of those who were loaned made way for the loanees SG wanted. It might well be the case that some loanees simply did not find buyers and people may look at Herrera or Pena, but neither hardly played consistently enough to get any sort of decent evaluation. (And I prefer SG's over any fans' ... with no disrespect to anyone.)

Edited by der Berliner