2008 We knew it, now proof

Shocking and but not a surprising admission, we always knew there is a football club in Scotland that has the moral integrity of serial rapist. They tried to steal our trophies and league titles that they couldn't win on the park, they claim they have never been beaten fairly and squarely on the field of play since 1888, Sporting Integrity FC, don't make me laugh, cheating toerags lower than a snake tits.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Is anyone surprised at this ? All Liewell was doing was trying to get his team an advantage to win the league.

I’d expect our CEO or MD to do the same if it were the yahoos in the UEFA cup final. 

There is a difference. Liewell runs the SFA and SPFL.

10 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

"And it so happened that I had already had a meeting with Lex Gold at the SPL because what we were willing to do was to extend the season because of the fixture pile-up that Rangers had and I was most disappointed when I got back to the office to receive this call to ask me not to help them in any way. 

"That really stuck in my throat."

And why in the gods name did you not simply go on with your plan to extend the season? You may say that someone called you, but at the end of the day, it was you and your fellows to do what was right ... or wrong.

So true 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

"And it so happened that I had already had a meeting with Lex Gold at the SPL because what we were willing to do was to extend the season because of the fixture pile-up that Rangers had and I was most disappointed when I got back to the office to receive this call to ask me not to help them in any way. 

"That really stuck in my throat."

And why in the gods name did you not simply go on with your plan to extend the season? You may say that someone called you, but at the end of the day, it was you and your fellows to do what was right ... or wrong.

Listening to the interview, it sounds as if he is saying he refused the club who were asking him not to help us in anyway.

ie. he stuck to the slight extension that was put in place. Of course that wasn't the type of extension that would have really helped us prepare properly for the European Final.

I see it as what stuck in his throat was Celtic stooping to that level of small-minded and pathetic, to make that request of him.

Edited by buster.

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Is anyone surprised at this ? All Liewell was doing was trying to get his team an advantage to win the league.

I’d expect our CEO or MD to do the same if it were the yahoos in the UEFA cup final. 

It was John Reid who was the Chairman at the time.