Not gonna lie. That game sucked balls. Looked like two League One sides going at it. Poor passing, poor formation, tactics. The ref was garbage.

Liverpool scored late to legitimize, but not a quality match, by any measure.

Edited by Malangsob

St Mirren v Dundee Utd play off was better than that final. Absolute garbage match. Ajax and Barca would have been kicking themselves.

It was mistake after mistake after mistake especially in the first half. Spurs big players didnt get going, Eriksson didnt do his move to Madrid any good as he had the worst game he will have. Alli who I think is over rated anyway was poor. Son got pass marks - just. Kane clearly wasnt fit and you cant blame Lucas for being pissed off for being dropped. For a tactical Genius Mo Po got this one wrong and should have played 5-3-2.

Its the first game this season Liverpool didnt get any flow at all from midfield to the forwards, it was two goals from nothing.

Two all english finals, two poor games. The likes of Bayern, Juve, Real, Barca and Ajax wont be fearing the English teams at all as said by some pundits - even Man City must be kicking themselves.

Damp squib of a Final that wasn't helped by the organisers delaying it so long, that the game was played in June.

Good to see Gerrard there to sort out the Mane deal.

Let's face it, we could count the number of good CL finals in one hand. They are generally very underwhelming. I thought Liverpool showed how much they have progressed last night. It was less heavy metal football, more very good game management IMO. Finals are all about who picks up the trophy at the end of the game.

Just a wee quiz question after last night...

What do all Liverpool's Champions Cup/League wins have in common?

1977 - Borussia Monchengladbach

1978 - Club Brugge

1981 - Real Madrid

1984 - AS Roma

2005 - Milan

2019 - Tottenham Hotspur

24 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Let's face it, we could count the number of good CL finals in one hand. They are generally very underwhelming. I thought Liverpool showed how much they have progressed last night. It was less heavy metal football, more very good game management IMO. Finals are all about who picks up the trophy at the end of the game.

Just a wee quiz question after last night...

What do all Liverpool's Champions Cup/League wins have in common?

1977 - Borussia Monchengladbach

1978 - Club Brugge

1981 - Real Madrid

1984 - AS Roma

2005 - Milan

2019 - Tottenham Hotspur

DULL they may have been but it means another European Cup to polish for the cleaner ?

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The worst game I've ever seen. 

I take it you weren't at Ibrox when Annan beat us?

It was a terrible match last night though.  Both teams seemed tired, lacking ideas and several top players had off nights.  Origi looked truly awful, apart from his goal.

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The worst game I've ever seen. 

As far as EC/CL Finals are concerned, down there with... 

86, Barca v Steaua

91, Red Star v Marseille

The latter promised so much as a spectacle but was rat mince,