SSB and “The Fear”

1 minute ago, Walterbear said:

I think we are reasonably good but my sense about them is they have flattered to deceive for a couple of years now and we are getting stronger. Might not be this year but so long as we can progress it’s nit too far away. This is not a false dawn. We are improving. 

The yahoos even by their own admission are suspect defensively and currently not an attacking force either which is also admitted in a kiddydale st post I just quoted.

We've scored six in six games. They've scored six in a game and a half. Time to get our heads out of our holes.

So if they're defensively suspect and they're not an attacking force you have to wonder what they actually are. They're beginning to look like we did for the past couple of years. Good team on paper but inconsistent and fail to dominate against nominally inferior opposition.

Long may that continue.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The yahoos even by their own admission are suspect defensively and currently not an attacking force either which is also admitted in a kiddydale st post I just quoted.

So if they're defensively suspect and they're not an attacking force you have to wonder what they actually are. They're beginning to look like we did for the past couple of years. Good team on paper but inconsistent and fail to dominate against nominally inferior opposition.

Long may that continue.

Defence, attack, dugout, boardroom.................they are currently floundering. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

We should really have more than a one point advantage. 

I'd say that as far as the league is concerned, it's theirs to lose and at the moment that is what they are doing. The key is how long it takes them to get back in gear. Currently, we need to make hay.

Celtic look worse than average at the moment. Luckily for them they played us at just the right time - straight after we were dead on our feet after the backs to the wall 9 man stand against Ufa. And they then celebrated like they had won the league when in fact they did the bare minimum. Since then that optimism has evaporated and the cracks that got papered over have opened up again. Boyata is working his contract and can't wait to be shot of the Piggery and you wonder how many others are thinking the same. They were sold the idea that the treble treble was a sure thing and 10 in a row was just a matter of time away because Rangers were light years behind and a rookie manager would be crushed by Brendan the Magnificent and his expensively assembled team.

Now that the Champions League money tap has been turned off and the goals have dried up, that's starting to look like the bluster it always was. The Gerrard Project has them rattled and the smell of fear at the Piggery is overwhelming. There's a long way to go but right now they are in trouble and it's fucking great to see.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Celtic look worse than average at the moment. Luckily for them they played us at just the right time - straight after we were dead on our feet after the backs to the wall 9 man stand against Ufa 

I'd say that the fact it was the only game they could motivate themselves for says something about what is wrong over there.

It's beginning to look like the end of the Roman Empire over there, they have well over extended themselves financially and it's starting to bite them on he arse.  Massive wages and financial liabilities from their latest accounts. Not to forget massive compensation claims coming down the legal pipeline for the historical child abuse claims, Take your pick from the usual apologist, BBC, Daily Rebel, Radio Synde for the next Nero, as Rome burns.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

As much as I am pleased to see Celtic dropping points, let's pump on the brakes. 6 matches have been played and I for one won't be penning their obituary just yet. They will get stronger (they can't get worse, can they...?) and if this malaise continues they will have to spend money in January. Their fans will demand it, especially on the back of some triumphant balanced sheets and the sale of Dembele for £20 million.

Let's forget what they are doing (or not doing) and take it one game at a time. We've managed to claw back the points we effectively dropped away to Aberdeen/Motherwell/Them and for the first time in ages are above them. Let's just keep the momentum going with another win at Livingston next week as IMO momentum plays a massive part in winning leagues.

Just now, Devil's advocaat said:

It's early says, but we've been to pittodrie and the glitterdome and still have a lead over them, and the sun tan Santa looks like he's trying to engineer an exit to me.

Bring it on.

I get that feeling to tbh (with regards to Rodgers). It would be funny because if he was the one that dropped the ball with the 10 in a row thing, I'm sure the double treble success would be a distant memory. You are as only as good as your last game I suppose

They are probably crying out for the like of TLB right now to succeed St. Brendan, only that it was not exactly Brendan who let them down, but boardroom and players.

In any case, I am not exactly interested in our or their or Hearts, for that matter, league position right now. We are 5 days into a 38 match day marathon and as always are a defeat or two away from our own "disaster" ;-).  We've added a lot of quality, have people coming back and more importantly, have built a good and solid momentum and belief. The team is clicking and works its socks off to get a result.  As the stereotypical saying goes, we can't influence what is going on elsewhere, but what I say at Rangers these days is very promisiing and makes the future look bright.