Semi Final

I think what we have here is a fudge of historic proportions. Aberdeen has a valid point. Both games should have 3pm kickoffs and they should be played in different neutral venues. Anyone with an iota of fair play knows it. The SPFL is simply carrying on a tradition of opinionated incompetence, then realising what a fuck up they've created, and finally covering it up with lame excuses and half truths.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Has anyone (Police, SPFL) said why?

Either way the loon balls from Kerrydale St will already be penning their paranoid take on todays events. It will no doubt be "Rangers n Aberdeen will pure cut up the pitch so we cannae play ra selic way" or some BS like that

No surprise we’re the later kick off with the longer grass later in the day helping hearts scum

Has anyone given a thought to the local residents or the people who work in pubs near the stadium who will have to deal with the fans more so the second game because they will have had a day's Swally in them before it starts ,blinking shambles .

11 hours ago, BEARGER said:

DONS ANGER 

Betfred Cup fixture fall-out: Aberdeen brand decision to play two semi-finals at Hampden on same day as ‘appalling and inappropriate’

Aberdeen’s clash with Rangers has been scheduled for noon on Sunday, October 28, while Hearts will face Celtic in the second match kicking off at 7.45pm

By David Friel
27th September 2018, 9:18 pm

Updated: 27th September 2018, 9:27 pm

ABERDEEN have branded the decision to play two Betfred Cup semi-finals at Hampden on the same day as APPALLING and INAPPROPRIATE.

The Dons will face Rangers at 12 noon on Sunday October 28 – with Celtic v Hearts following at 7.45pm in an unprecedented move.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Aberdeen fans will be forced to make an early trek down to Glasgow

Cops gave the green light but raging Pittodrie chiefs claim their fans have been shafted – and reckon SPFL beaks should have looked at alternatives.

A spokesperson said: “As a club we have repeatedly asked that the authorities stop giving us kick-off times which, for our large travelling support, are completely unacceptable, but yet again, what should be a showpiece occasion, is scheduled to start at a time that does not take supporters into account.

“While we appreciate Police Scotland was insistent that our game was played first for operational reasons, we believe, and stated along with others, that having both games in the same stadium on the same day, is inappropriate.

“There are other options that should have been investigated further, including staging the two games on consecutive weekends or using two different venues which would have allowed kick-off times more suitable for what are hugely significant occasions in the Scottish football calendar.

“Contesting the two matches on consecutive weekends would be an alternative surely worth investigating, particularly as Celtic are due to face Heart of Midlothian in the Ladbrokes Premiership the following weekend, while also fulfilling the contractual obligations.

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

I suspended belief at ''large travelling support''

Mmm, do I feel solidarity and sympathy for Aberdeen and their supporters? Just checked and turns out I don't. Play the game at 9am, in Dumfries. I missed the concerted outrage when our match at Pittodrie kicked off at 1pm earlier this season. You'd think Aberdeen was 3 time zones away to hear them whine. It's a 3 hour drive on a quiet sunday morning, they'll be home in time for them to watch their beloved Celtic later in the day. 

Mmm, do I feel solidarity and sympathy for Aberdeen and their supporters? Just checked and turns out I don't. Play the game at 9am, in Dumfries. I missed the concerted outrage when our match at Pittodrie kicked off at 1pm earlier this season. You'd think Aberdeen was 3 time zones away to hear them whine. It's a 3 hour drive on a quiet sunday morning, they'll be home in time for them to watch their beloved Celtic later in the day. 

To be fair, that was an away match for us, and as much as it's a shite time, it happens both ways. This isn't an away match for them, it's a neutral venue. I recall the same thing happened to ICT a few years back, impossible to get to the game in time on any form of public transport. Fans are just an inconvenience, once again.

Aberdeen have often had to play games in Glasgow with an early KO.

It might not be ideal for fans but it's not as if it's breaking new ground and many of them  have obviously found a way round it in the past. As have our fans who live even further away (ask Forlan).

I reckon it comes down to finance and they didn't want Murrayfield getting a chunk.

Look at the positive, two cracking semi-finals,...bring it on.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I reckon 25k each of Yahoos, Dons, Jambos and Bears in and around Hampden and the way to and from the stadium will be fun to see. But Glasgow Police will manage ... all is fine. *cynical mode off*

Had Hibs beat Aberdeen the other night, I doubt the Polis would have been so keen.