With regards to Sadiq, it wouldn't really be a huge surprise if he was to go back to Roma in Jan. We've brought in nearly 14/15 new faces so there are bound to be a few misfires amongst them. 

What this situation does highlight is our lack up cover of front. Hopefully we can bring in another striker in Jan and the UEFA money could help? I hope we are scouting around the lesser leagues in Europe looking for a wee gem. Maybe look at the Balkans again? There must be someone there? 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

I’d overload the wings and push Arfield and Dorrans forward with jack and lasa sitting. Ejaria pivot. Keep the wings high up the park and wide and create gaps for others to run into. When we don’t have the ball the wings come infield. 

Aberdeen played ok in patches v Hibs but we might miss physical presence against their centres. On the other hand they won’t know what to do without someone to clobber so this might help us with a more fluid formation. 

4 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I’d overload the wings and push Arfield and Dorrans forward with jack and lasa sitting. Ejaria pivot. Keep the wings high up the park and wide and create gaps for others to run into. When we don’t have the ball the wings come infield. 

Aberdeen played ok in patches v Hibs but we might miss physical presence against their centres. On the other hand they won’t know what to do without someone to clobber so this might help us with a more fluid formation. 

It was the management teams reaction to going down to ten men at Aberdeen that gives me confidence that they can find an effective way of getting over the the lack of a centre forward.

Probably more important is keeping our general momentum flowing.

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

If I was the gaffer I’d be making a call to Darren Bent. Give him a few reserve games to get up to speed with a view to playing in the semi. 

Fuck that, we've wasted enough time and money on hasbeens from darn sarf over the years, with very little in the way of success. As said above, I have every faith our management team can work tactically to overcome such circumstances.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has challenged Umar Sadiq to "come to the party" and ease his striking headache.
Gerrard will be without Alfredo Morelos and Kyle Lafferty for the Betfred Cup last four showdown with Aberdeen.
ISadiq has barely featured since his loan move from Roma and Gerrard insists he must rise to the challenge if he wants to come to be involved at the national stadium in October's semi-final.
The Ibrox boss said: “It’s a frustration – we lose a player in form and we are going to have to find a way to get the job done without a natural no.9 unless Sadiq comes to the party and improves an awful lot between now and then”.

Nothing to do with Sadiq but Craig Mulholland said yesterday he was in Denmark last week setting up a partner club where we can send our youth players to. He said teams here are not playing the type of football Rangers are wanting to play. He said that he was watching one of our players and the ball just passed over his head for the 38 minutes he was on. He said that is not teaching our youth anything.

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Is there not a youngster who can step up, a natural striker? He doesn't have to be a goalscorer, just have experience of playing the role. I think that's more important than getting a winger to fill in. 

Not really, we've loaned out Rudden and Hardie.

For me the wingers would give you pace and finishing. An alternative would be Arfield who I think would do very well as a link up man and is equally good at finishing, you just lose the pace. Arfield may be the better option but it's all down to how the game is going to be played.

Edited by DMAA

7 hours ago, DMAA said:

A very confusing signing. As soon as I saw the youtube footage of him I knew he was mince. Youtube makes Windass look like Ronaldo but they could hardly scrape a couple of decent goals together for Sadiq.

Just watched one YouTube video of him, you're correct.