[FT] Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers

51 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Said it previously....how come this pitch is completely different from Killie's and Accies? If you are going to have these pitches it should be the same pitch throughout surely?

These pitches have no place in the top division of Scottish football 

We can’t build a team around plastic pitch skills. Just need to suck this one up and find a way to combat these teams on these pitches playing these tactics. Learning curve for SG. Our team is massively better than it was. Only fools would see otherwise. 

If it weren't for that pitch I would be deciding the away form is now a thing. But considering how bad that pitch was I'm undecided.

As has been noted teams like Livi are in the business of stopping us playing then hoping to get something from the scraps. When they're at home Livi don't need to work at stopping us playing. The pitch does it for them.

We were never going to get a rythm going on that.

After the first 10 mins on that poor excuse of a football pitch, I was thinking the worst. I’m not getting sucked into whether this game was a reality check or not. What I do know is that if that was grass we’d most likely have won by a few goals. I don’t think the players really gave everything - I mean they didn’t lay their bodies on the line - no tackles going to ground - no attempts as if their lives depended on it. I can’t blame them to be honest - you’re just not going to take the risk on that surface. Rightly or wrongly. Others will struggle there too, I’m sure. 

We pick ourseves up and put that horror show to the back of our minds. 

Looking forward to Thursday and winning on grass again. 

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

If it weren't for that pitch I would be deciding the away form is now a thing. But considering how bad that pitch was I'm undecided.

As has been noted teams like Livi are in the business of stopping us playing then hoping to get something from the scraps. When they're at home Livi don't need to work at stopping us playing. The pitch does it for them.

We were never going to get a rythm going on that.

Livingston stopped us playing moreso than the pitch.

We played our best domestic away game (and result) this season on a plastic pitch (Kilmarnock)

edit. In the 45 minutes (first half) that I saw.

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

We played our best domestic away game (and result) this season on a plastic pitch (Kilmarnock)

edit. In the 45 minutes that I saw.

As far as I could see there was a significant difference between that pitch and the killie pitch. I was watching a relatively poor standard online stream and I could still see all that black stuff bouncing up. I think the ball and players feet stick in it. It can't be evenly spread either so when the ball hits a 'lump' of that it can go anywhere.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

The pitch at Rugby Park was way better than that pitch today. 

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

That Kilmarnock pitch was completely different though and more like our own plastic training pitch. The pitch today was horrific it slowed down slow balls and magnified fast balls, it was slippy due to the rubber ball bearings and made it hard to play like we have been. It wasn’t the only factor in the score today but was a big factor in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That Kilmarnock pitch was completely different though and more like our own plastic training pitch. The pitch today was horrific it slowed down slow balls and magnified fast balls, it was slippy due to the rubber ball bearings and made it hard to play like we have been. It wasn’t the only factor in the score today but was a big factor in my opinion. 

If we slip and they don't, it's down, at least in part to footwear.

The pitch was far from ideal and was a factor but in the 45 minutes I saw, Livingston were very effective defending the area between the edge of their penalty box and 20 metres upfield. 

Livingston are hard to break down as their goals against stats bear out. eg. Hearts have failed to score at home in 2018 in only one match. Guess who it was against ?..... 

22/09/18 PRE Hearts 0 - 0 Livingston

One goal conceded in their last 6 league games (540 minutes)

Edited by buster.