[FT] Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers

Don’t disagree with any of that, but firstly we’re better than Hearts and I believe we will pump them at Ibrox. Secondly, there was clearly apprehension from our players - either because they were not as sure footed or for fear of injury if they went to ground. We haven’t lost that many 50:50 balls all season and the pitch was the biggest factor in that. We can play on plastic no problem, but what was that abomination of a pitch today? Ironically I hope that Livi finish in the top 6, so that all other top teams have to play there twice.  

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Don’t disagree with any of that, but firstly we’re better than Hearts and I believe we will pump them at Ibrox. Secondly, there was clearly apprehension from our players - either because they were not as sure footed or for fear of injury if they went to ground. We haven’t lost that many 50:50 balls all season and the pitch was the biggest factor in that. We can play on plastic no problem, but what was that abomination of a pitch today? Ironically I hope that Livi finish in the top 6, so that all other top teams have to play there twice.  

Hearts are 8 points ahead of us so at this point in time, we can't say we are better. Nor should we be doing ahead of the fixture next weekend. It's shaping up to be a very important match. moreso than the European match on Thursday.

Hearts are another team that can be difficult to break down and might to an extent, afford an opportunity for us to show how much we can improve tempo middle to front, by playing on a decent pitch.

41 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That Kilmarnock pitch was completely different though and more like our own plastic training pitch. The pitch today was horrific it slowed down slow balls and magnified fast balls, it was slippy due to the rubber ball bearings and made it hard to play like we have been. It wasn’t the only factor in the score today but was a big factor in my opinion. 

Kilmarnock have a G4 pitch which are far better.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

Hearts are 8 points ahead of us so at this point in time, we can't say we are better. Nor should we be doing ahead of the fixture next weekend. It's shaping up to be a very important match. moreso than the European match on Thursday.

Hearts are another team that can be difficult to break down and might to an extent, afford an opportunity for us to show how much we can improve tempo middle to front, by playing on a decent pitch.

I meant that we’d pump Livi at Ibrox which Hearts failed to do. For the record I also think we will beat Hearts as well, maybe not easily but I’ve seen enough to have confidence that we can break them down. 

Don’t know what to say tonight

I’m very angry, a week is a long time in football - this time last week I was top of the world, tonight our start has literally been flattened 

Gerrard fucked up today, stop pissing about with the CBs & play Lafferty or Alfie, not them both - wide men stretches them & not playing Kent or Middleton was baffling when Kyle starts in front 

Midfield isn’t functioning when that 3 are playing like that so needed changing 

Auch so many moans - the whole thing was awful & we created nothing 

So angry & frustrated 

I hope they get their balls kicked & I hope our manager has a long think on that today also

They deserve every bit of criticism from today 

I’m not throwing toys out the pram, folk know how positive I am, but I’m not defending that in anyway either

Awful & very pissed off 

Edited by Stevie - 4lads Blog

Just now, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Gerrard fucked up today, stop pissing about with the CBs & play Lafferty or Alfie, not them both - wide men stretches them & not playing Kent or Middleton was baffling when Kyle starts in front 

Midfield isn’t functioning when that 3 are playing like that so needed changing 

Auch so many moans - the whole thing was awful & we created nothing 

Still not adverse to them both in a 3-5-2.

10 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Problem we have is we aren’t top heavy, at least if it’s 1 then if they are off the other comes on & hopefully we get a reaction

Both were off today & no options 

If both are off, whether both start or one replaces the other, they are both off.

Sometimes (like today), in part it's usually down to a lack of quality supply / good organised defending / frustration as well as simply being off.