Jim White slams Rangers fans

Just heard Jim White on Talksport chatting about our game v Livingston. He seemed very keen to raise the topic of the ref getting hit by a coin. This in turn evolved into a diatribe about how it seems that Rangers as a club have more trouble makers than any other club. He then he came up with the genius idea of removing coins from all travelling Rangers fans only to be laughed at by Danny Murphy (who unlike old Jim was very balanced about the whole thing). Don't get me wrong, the idiot that threw the coin should be banned found and banned but White seemed to use it as green light to hammer Rangers. What is his beef with Rangers? I've said it on here before, he talks up Celtic on a daily basis to the point that it is cringeworthy and is rarely positive about Rangers. Considering a group of Celtic fans gave him a kicking before I find it strange. How he got a job in journalism in any capacity is beyond me tbh.

He's not a journalist, he's a presenter. He can read an autocue whilst someone speaks in his ear piece. It's not the hardest thing in the world but it's not something everyone can do. He started out as a journalist but he's not done that for decades now. I knew his late mother and from what I understand he's a bluenose. Maybe he feels he needs to be harder on us to avoid accusations of bias, I'm only guessing though.  

45 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

He's not a journalist, he's a presenter. He can read an autocue whilst someone speaks in his ear piece. It's not the hardest thing in the world but it's not something everyone can do. He started out as a journalist but he's not done that for decades now. I knew his late mother and from what I understand he's a bluenose. Maybe he feels he needs to be harder on us to avoid accusations of bias, I'm only guessing though.  

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Or he’s one of the many on that lot’s payroll?

He's a former captain of my old school and by all accounts leans towards us. I've been in pubs where he's been in the vicinity of the company that I was in and he sounds every bit as affected as he does on telly. He strikes me as a phoney cum wido cum social politician and highly ambitious with it. However, having said that I've heard that he's a pretty genuine guy with people that he knows and is pretty loyal.

At the end of the day he's a media animal and he's fairly adept at sensing which way the wind is blowing and keeping himself current. If that means being critical of some pissed up halfwit in the stands at Almondvale and by implication Rangers, he'll do so.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

8 hours ago, JohnMc said:

from what I understand he's a bluenose. Maybe he feels he needs to be harder on us to avoid accusations of bias, I'm only guessing though.  

I think you’re right and therefore just like Graham Spiers! You don’t see that happen with other lot though.