Jim White slams Rangers fans

39 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

He is a fan of who pays his wages and who pays the most, nothing more.

Pretty much so,............ a fan of his own best interests as he sees them at any given time.

Those who do well in that game tend to be driven by ambition and their football allegiance gets diluted, hidden, parked or dropped.

Edited by buster.

I don't think Jim Whyte is actually what you would call a Rangers fan, and i've never considered him to be one either ,he maybe started off as one in his younger years , but any love he may have had for the club was never going to interfere with his career.

I watched the interview with Si Ferry that was posted here ,and it was a good watch , but i don't think at any point he confessed to currently supporting Rangers, so no point in getting hacked off if he says anything derogatory about us, as he's just another part of the football media desperately vying for attention .

To give him any benefit of doubt that comment sounds like those of someone that doesn't follow football and gets their news through the filter of our terrible tabloid media. I dont believe he's that daft or naive though.

This was the guy that done many of Charles Greens puff pieces.  No harm in being fooled once but i get the feeling White probably stands by that work and thinks CG is a good guy.

Heard him recently interviewing Sullivan at West Ham in a "hard-hitting" interview. It was pathetic. He just did not get the fans concerns at all or dig on any of the questions they put to him. 

Dont know if he does but I'd guess he's the type of guy that backs Mike Ashley as well. 

Edited by Rick Roberts

Jim White doesn’t take his kids to the Celtic games, Spiers does.

White has done well for himself. He could have been a nonentity like Delahunt but chased the money & made a decent career down south. However if you work for Talksport it is part of your job to wind people up. Why folk let them succeed is beyond me. I suppose it is a bit like Rangers fans who constantly read blogs from the likes of that guy Phil, not comparing Jim to him. Considering how much so-called comedy Only an Excuse used to take the push out of him for being a bluenose, I am pleased he has done well. He could have stayed in the Scottish media and become a parody of his Only an Excuse character, like Chick Young did, but unlike him Jim White had a bit of pride and ambition, so he got out.

End of the day though, Rangers do have an anti-social element in our support. Whether it is bigger or smaller than other clubs’ I don’t know, but it’s not important. If somebody assaults someone at their work they should be jailed, whoever they support. I can’t even remember that linesman making any particularly bad decisions either!

13 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

I don't think Jim Whyte is actually what you would call a Rangers fan, and i've never considered him to be one either ,he maybe started off as one in his younger years , but any love he may have had for the club was never going to interfere with his career.

I watched the interview with Si Ferry that was posted here ,and it was a good watch , but i don't think at any point he confessed to currently supporting Rangers, so no point in getting hacked off if he says anything derogatory about us, as he's just another part of the football media desperately vying for attention .

He's referred to as a Rangers fan all the time on his talksport show.