Subs:

Foderingham

Flanagan

Jack

Dorrans

Middleton

Candeias

Lafferty

It's actually very difficult to pick an 18 man squad for tomorrow, never mind the actual first XI.

Despite some average form since he returned from injury I think Coulibaly will make it and I think Grezda might also start.  On the bench, I expect Worrall to drop out and one of Dorrans, Jack and Halliday might not make the squad either so we have attacking options on the bench.

A quick and positive reaction to the Livi defeat is required and tomorrow night at Ibrox is the perfect time to answer our critics.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

[Full Preview to follow]

KO 8pm

RFC injury news:

Wallace OUT for another few weeks due to groin strain

Ryan Jack likely to be IN the squad though

Possible team:

McGregor

Tavernier | Goldson | Katic | Barisic

Coulibaly | Ejaria

Grezda | Arfield | Kent

Morelos

Subs:

Foderingham

Flanagan

Jack

Dorrans

Middleton

Candeias

Lafferty

That starting 11 is a good call, very attack minded. The only change I would make is Candeias for Grezda for the simple reason that Candeias and Tav link up very well when we are in attack minded formation, and Grezda still needs time to get used to his new teammates. Also lots of options from the bench with your 18. Huge game for us on so many levels not least for the confidence factor and regaining momentum after Sunday. We need a top performance from every single player and collectively we need to click if we are to get anything. I think it’s going to be very tough and I’m not hugely confident if truth be told. 

I think Jack is the Ying to Coulibaly's Yang. I expect the overall level of the midfield to improve if both start.  Having stated that I don't expect Jack to start.

However, Lafferty should start along with Gresda. Big Laff has ice water in his veins. These guys (RV) are not all that. Rangers should win this game if they take it to them. 

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I think Jack is the Ying to Coulibaly's Yang. I expect the overall level of the midfield to improve if both start.  Having stated that I don't expect Jack to start.

However, Lafferty should start along with Gresda. Big Laff has ice water in his veins. These guys (RV) are not all that. Rangers should win this game if they take it to them. 

I know what you mean with Lafferty, he’s a great finisher and is more likely to take his chances when we’re defending and counter attacking but I think Morelos will be more suited to tonight - he’ll get into more scoring positions when we’re on the front foot, pressing high and will have more chances - whether he takes them or not is another question (and goes back to your point) but I think he’ll be given the nod. 

Morelos should definitely start ahead of Lafferty.  We have other players capable of scoring.

I'm looking forward to tonight.  Rapid are filling the corner and have a lively away support, which should add to the atmosphere (which would be good anyway). 

Hopefully we can get a win.

Difficult game to predict. Had a new RV manager not been installed a few days before the game I'd have expected a home win, now it's a wait and see how the game develops. I can see two teams who will be looking to start strongly and as always it'll be a lot to do with who takes their chances.

With that in mind, Alfredo Morelos has to show his good side tonight and help make things happen, as we know he can.

The defenders have to defend and the midfielders have to compete, be brave and get up the pitch and help the full backs create and supply quality ball for the forwards.

Football tends to be a simple game when everyone turns up and does their job.

6 hours ago, Malangsob said:

i don't think Lafferty and Morelos together works and I certainly wouldn't play Lafferty instead of morelos. I agree that Coulibaly played far better with Jack next to him.