[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 43, 90+4; Tavernier 84 pen) - 1 Rapid Vienna

The game tonight will probably be the polar-opposit to what we had on Sunday. Rapid will come and "play" football, which opens up spaces that people like Ejaria and Coulibaly, Arfield and Kent can work with.

As has been said, it is difficult to pick a team right now. I reckon Coulibaly and Arfield will screen the defence with the license to join the attack, Ejaria gets the nod as playmaker. Candeias is a must for the right, and I would in fact start Middleton on the left. He'll only face the odd defender tonight, is very direct, loves a shot and can beat a man. Grezda and/or Kent for later, same with Dorrans.

Hard to pick either Lafferty or Morelos, I'd go with Laff though, as his workrate is second to none, he usually takes his chances and is the aerial thread the continentals hate so much.

Katic and Goldson, no ifs and buts.

Edited by der Berliner

Watched Tottenham - Barcelona yesterday, arrived in Glasgow this morning. Mood is great ? biggest problem for some of us is that smoking is not allowed and that you guys are strict with drunk fans.

Anyway, looking forward for tonight. Since we got our new manager the mood is a lot better although we know within a few days he can't do a lot. So a draw would be fine for us as I think you guys are still favs in this match. 

Hope for a good match and that we are not too loud for you guys ?

Rapid Vienna? Brings back memories of the 80s when Celtic disgraced themselves against them. If my memory serves me correctly, one of their players was bottled and the game had to be replayed in Manchester, where more Rapid players were disgracefully attacked by Celtic fans. However evil was vanquished when Rapid won the game.

Our sign at the next old firm game? "Rapid exit"

22 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Really looking forward to the game tonight. We need to get out the traps from the first whistle and set the tempo. A Rangers performance against Austrian opposition like this would be most be most welcome...

Great memories - we should have had 10. Some of Mols' touches were sublime.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Really looking forward to the game tonight. We need to get out the traps from the first whistle and set the tempo. A Rangers performance against Austrian opposition like this would be most be most welcome...

IIRC that Sturm Graz side were beaten 5-0 twice in the group but still went through as group winner  :eek2:

We were the only side in the group to get an away win and still went out !!

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, Rapid said:

Watched Tottenham - Barcelona yesterday, arrived in Glasgow this morning. Mood is great ? biggest problem for some of us is that smoking is not allowed and that you guys are strict with drunk fans.

Anyway, looking forward for tonight. Since we got our new manager the mood is a lot better although we know within a few days he can't do a lot. So a draw would be fine for us as I think you guys are still favs in this match. 

Hope for a good match and that we are not too loud for you guys ?

You obviously have never witnessed an old firm game. 10 times more noise than you guy's could ever make. Add to that the hate factor then I am afraid tonight will be like a children's birthday party. I hope you enjoy your time in Glasgow outside the football though.

Rangers team to play Rapid Vienna: McGregor, Tavernier, Worrall, Goldson, Flanagan, Ejaria, Coulibaly, Arfield, Kent, Candeias, Morelos. Subs: Foderingham, Halliday, Katic, Barasic, Grezda, Lafferty, Middleton

Worrall in again, Katic on bench!