How would you rate Morelos so far?

Having him sign a new contract was vital he has been a good find. Was it JJ who got him over?

Gerrard obviously rates him and likes him playing on the edge which I agree with and having Lafferty as a back up is good business.

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Will the yahoos have their ground closed for making political statements and singing songs glorifying terrorists?

Parity and all that.

No. Would it make it better if we both did?  If we had our ground closed for a tie it would cost us a million quid. That buys a player or pays a years wages for a good one. Anyone singing the Billy Boys and knowing the consequences are potentially damaging the club. 

Why folk cant change one word is beyond me. 

Morelos is an enigma.

On one hand he is a fantastic footballing prospect with a raw ability that could go far in the game.

On the other, he's prone to a costly petulance and mood swings that have seen him play as an empty shirt for several weeks at a time. 

I said in August that SG needed to make up his mind about Alfredo and either fully back him or move on and bring someone else in.

He decided the former and he has little choice but to continue that unconditional support.

For all what we could say about what has gone before, whether it be an impressive goal return for one so young or something else,..... he has an opportunity today to back-up a tremendous performance in Europe. What he'll find today is Hearts players desperately trying to wind him up, he's got to concentrate on the football and not being hooked on a line.

Bottomline, at around 1M, a fantastic signing that has already been repayed.

If SG and staff can manage him well, it'd be very much in both his and our best interests.

I rate him as I did after a few games for the club; an excellent acquisition.  Yes he has a touch of the Anelka's about him but I also think he has always been harshly judged by many Bears and his faults aren't as bad as is being made out.   

I was his biggest fan, followed by his biggest critic, followed by his greatest fan, followed by his greatest critic. I’m sticking to being just a fan. He is our greatest asset. He has his flaws, but with talent like that you have to accept them, Gerrard took that view and rightly so. He played with Suarez so he knows that you sometimes have to accept the complete package. 

As for his value, it continues to rise and I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes it to the very top.  I just hope he sticks around long enough to at least hold 55 aloft. When he does leave it will be for a record fee in Scotland. 

Aaaaalfredo Moreeeeelos, Aaaaalfredo Moreeelos....

Edited by weebluedevil