How would you rate Morelos so far?

40 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Why is the mhanks used as a barometer for all thing Rangers,it seems to me that they are being over respected,so IMO posters on here are blinkered.

Hardly blinkered. Like it or not they are a barometer for our immediate ambitions. They are the current champions and we haven't beat them in years therefore if we want to win the league it's pretty nailed on that we have to perform better against them. 

Indisputably our most saleable asset but given that he's contracted till 2022 I want us to be holding on to him till at least 2020. He will be approaching his physical prime at that time and can only increase in value while we reap the benefits for another couple of years before cashing in.

Also gives us another couple of years to scour the world looking for a young upcoming replacement to then repeat the scenario.

There was a really good blog from a couple of months ago that highlighted some of the issues that Morelos had with his finishing particularly.  Namely that he wasn't making front post runs and that he was constantly trying to finish off his back foot, thus causing him to be off balance and snatch at chances he should have been putting away.  

Fast forward a couple of months and I'm seeing a much improved striker that has a greater clarity of thought process and that is breeding extra confidence in his game.  His backheel flick on Sunday was simply outstanding and an example of how he is putting right the various things that I mentioned above, not withstanding his all round contribution which has remained of a high standard even when he wasn't scoring.

I think he is also making improvements in relation to critics over his attitude and demeanor.  This may be linked to the return to goalscoring form, but I would wager that a large part of this is due to the management team working with him and really tapping into what makes him tick in order to get the best out of him.

For me he's a 8/10 striker, with a potential to be a 9 if he can squeeze a few more goals out and hit 30+ this season.

17 minutes ago, stewarty said:

There was a really good blog from a couple of months ago that highlighted some of the issues that Morelos had with his finishing particularly.  Namely that he wasn't making front post runs and that he was constantly trying to finish off his back foot, thus causing him to be off balance and snatch at chances he should have been putting away.  

Fast forward a couple of months and I'm seeing a much improved striker that has a greater clarity of thought process and that is breeding extra confidence in his game.  His backheel flick on Sunday was simply outstanding and an example of how he is putting right the various things that I mentioned above, not withstanding his all round contribution which has remained of a high standard even when he wasn't scoring.

I think he is also making improvements in relation to critics over his attitude and demeanor.  This may be linked to the return to goalscoring form, but I would wager that a large part of this is due to the management team working with him and really tapping into what makes him tick in order to get the best out of him.

For me he's a 8/10 striker, with a potential to be a 9 if he can squeeze a few more goals out and hit 30+ this season.

He was also selfish to a fault, I think that's improved as well.