Brighton Sniffing Around Tav

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No chance. If England is his destination, you are looking £10 million plus. That is spare change to most EPL teams

How many times in Scottish football history have players gone for 8 figure sums? It's not long ago everyone was saying he's pish! He has a good few games and he's  world beater, then some bad ones and  gets widely condemned. 

I think we'd be doing well to get about £5m for him just now. Nobody is going to spend double that at this stage.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 minute ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

How many times in Scottish football history have players gone for 8 figure sums? It's not long ago everyone was saying he's pish! He has a good few games and he's  world beater, then some bad ones and  gets widely condemned. 

I think we'd be doing well to get about £5m for him just now. Nobody is going to spend double that at this stage.

I agree to a certain extent but the market in England is crazy (Armstrong went to Southampton for 7/8 million for example). With the money sloshing around the top 2 leagues in England it's a sellers market, we have to maximise the value of our assets (if we are going to sell)

It would have to be silly money to let him go in Jan or end of season. Silly money being above 10million. He’s irreplaceable imo, his stats don’t even reflect his full contribution e.g. his cross for the 3rd goal was essentially an assist but Morelos gets it for his header back to Arfield. He’s so important to us, and with 55 on the cards this season, we can’t afford to let him go. I’d be gutted even  if we sold him for 10 right now. Brighton are in dreamland if they think 3m is closer to his value. 

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

In epl money bidding should start at 10. 

I was serious about 20m. How would we replace him?? If they really want him pay the going rate. That would start at 10 and potentially rise to 20. If not they can keep their wallet shut.

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

we've got Flanagan who can play right back.  if the money was decent enough, 10 mill would do me,   i would sell.

I am not talking about the price but there is no way Flanagan will ever bring the same to the team that Tav does.